• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Not Visible Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
@Pharaoh_
I think he wants the effects of the buff to be there, just the icon to be hidden.

You cannot actually do this as buff icons will show up regardless of what you do. (Leaving spaces for description will solve that missing tooltip bug though.)

The best way is just to have buffs or use other abilities that would simulate the effects without having buffs. (Like giving Item Armor Bonus if you wanted to raise armor.)
In other words, you'll need to use other abilities for the effects/trigger it yourself.

@Pharaoh_
I think he wants the effects of the buff to be there, just the icon to be hidden.

You cannot actually do this as buff icons will show up regardless of what you do. (Leaving spaces for description will solve that missing tooltip bug though.)

The best way is just to have buffs or use other abilities that would simulate the effects without having buffs. (Like giving Item Armor Bonus if you wanted to raise armor.)
In other words, you'll need to use other abilities for the effects/trigger it yourself.

I know what he wanted. That's why I suggested Chain Lightning or Channel, because I thought of the exact solution you gave him (item abilities instead of Roar-type abilities, which apply a buff). But, since I was unsure of the effect he wanted to achieve, I asked what he needed this for :))

Level 14
I know what he wanted. That's why I suggested Chain Lightning or Channel, because I thought of the exact solution you gave him (item abilities instead of Roar-type abilities, which apply a buff). But, since I was unsure of the effect he wanted to achieve, I asked what he needed this for :))
Oh that's what you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding then. :p

Level 14
I wanted to make an aura that reduces enemy units' attack and armor. I can do this by creating a devotion aura that gives negative armor and a command aura that gives negative damage bonus, but i do not want to have two buffs because it doesn't look very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.