• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ogres to Ogre Magi (like Headhunter to Berserker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings Hive Workshop. This is my first post and I would like some help.

I am trying to recreate Warcraft II by having the Human and Orcs in melee maps. I am not good at making campaigns or my own maps, so I opt to just modifying the existing Frozen Throne Maps.

However here is my problem; I am trying to make it so Ogres (Ogre Mauler), that when upgraded, will change to Ogre Magi. Just like in Warcraft II, with the Altar of Storms. I have added the Ogre Mauler to Orc Units and the Ogre Magi to Special and everything as it should be but for some reason the upgrade doesn't work. By the way I am using the Troll Berserker Upgrade as a base for this upgrade.

I thank you for any help.

Level 2
Yeah I already did that and to avail. Whenever I actually used the custom upgrade based on the Berserker upgrade it made the Ogre mauler disappear and the Ogre Magi didn't pop up.

EDIT - There was a ability and upgrade? I didn't know that. Where are they located.. I know where the upgrade is though and I never seen the ability before..

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I've only used an upgrade and it works fine. You also need to set the Dependency Equivalent field, which is somewhere in the unit stats (Ogre Mauler).
There is a problem, though, it seems that the Troll Berserker is disabled by default, so you have to disable the Ogre Magi through triggers. The upgrade will then disable the Ogre Mauler and activate the Ogre Magi once researched.

Level 2
Thanks yeah I heard that the upgrade could work with triggers but I have no clue on how they work. Do you think you could point me in the right direction with that one? I mean I used to mod for Starcraft but Warcraft III's triggers are far more powerful than Starcrafts.

I did the dependency equivilent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.