• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Orc Blacksmith (WC1)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
v2
279896-c7e6d92f6064d7fa928b954570b6ee39_tn.jpg
v1
279882-09e93853f1ab69ab25da439db95be606_tn.jpg
v2
279899-cd17d59ff1822458d665e1283606ba07_tn.jpg
v1
279898-2200514da053fa7719043fdceb7884a0_tn.jpg
orcblacksmithwc1-jpg.471519

Note: The TeamColor23.blp texture is not required for 1.29+.

2024-05-05
- Fixed Sprite Ref (damaged building fires/smoke) placements
- Fixed one of the work glow bones using the wrong global sequence
Previews
Contents

Orc Blacksmith (WC1) v1 (Model)

Orc Blacksmith (WC1) v1 icon (Icon)

Orc Blacksmith (WC1) v2 (Model)

Orc Blacksmith (WC1) v2 icon (Icon)

Almost perfect. Some few details missing like the entrances to the gray towers.
The original has the pathing texture as the beige towers, yours as the gray. Would be nice to be different than both, maybe, like the red one around the building? Not sure...
The walls should be thicker though.
Thanks! I just noticed there are some little spikes on TC part missing too. I will add the entrances and make the walls thicker.

What do you think these little things are supposed to be?
Untitled.png

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
What do you think these little things are supposed to be?
Not sure, I suppose those could either be some spiked barricades (you know like the medievals used but here's orc spearthrower spears) or some remnants of stone blocks from building the gray kilns.
The others on the brown towers including their red team coloured parts seem to be spikes, at leas the ones down below seem to. Maybe the ones on the team colour parts are thicker, shorter and blunter?

Found some concept art made for StarCraft II: https://media.forgecdn.net/attachments/210/285/orc-blacksmith-compare.jpg
from: Images - Warcraft 1 Structures (and other models/remakes...) - Assets - Projects - SC2Mapster

I suppose those could either be some spiked barricades (you know like the medievals used but here's orc spearthrower spears)
Oh I like that, would add some flavor to the model. A bit boring now TBH.

I think it's gravel.
Hmm could be too. Some orc spears would be cooler though I think.

Cool thanks! I like those chains but I think I wanna stick closer to the original :peasant-thinking: Adding some little doodads in the middle part there is a good idea though, like a barrel or crate. Maybe some axes/swords or something.

Last edited: