• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Oziris's realistic art

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to draw a realistic human and I'm currently practicing the eyes and here's what I've got! I'll be adding my practice drawings here and hopefully when I master them, I'll be able to draw something decent.

Attachments

• 10062010170.jpg
    10062010170.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 19,423
  • 10062010171.jpg
    10062010171.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 3,580
Level 4
I like it! I couldn't draw that well. One thing you may want to adjust is the eyebrow; I feel like normal eyebrows are... up higher - but I could be wrong. One other thing: there is normally a little more shading/definition between the eyebrow and the top of the eyelid - unless you are drawing an Asian eye, which is fairly flat.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You're onto the right track, I guess. Remember that eyes are round balls, and the shading should reflect that. The iris is circular, but not bulging as much as the eyes does - however, there's the cornea in front of it, which follows the round shape of the eyeball, and it's the cornea that often reflect light sources (the white shape, or shapes, on the eye). There's usually some flesh and veins showing in the inner corner (towards the nose) of the eye, and the skin wraps around the eye (rather than onto the eye).

As for the eyebrow, people come in a lot of different shapes and colours, but your eyebrow is looking a bit too low for an average human - unless you're not drawing from a directly in front perspective.

Anyway, use references as much as you can, paint a lot and have other people look at it - often, at least for me, when I draw, I am somewhat blinded from my own mistakes, because I grow familiar with my painting. To counter this, flipping the image might help, but in most cases, the best feedback is from other people.

Good luck, the human face is truly an amazingly intricate subject to paint, and draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.