• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Passive Starfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do i make up an passive starfall ability ?
example: Enemy units in 600 range are damage by stars;Falling from the sky...passive,dealing 10 damage each star... something like that

-I tried it alot alone...and it still doesnt working...
Thanks,

Level 4
I will try phoenix fire ability after...
you mean that even when the unit moves, the starfall should occur?

I meant something like a Starfall aura! Range X units takes X damage from Starfall Aura Ability for: Until the enemy unit dies or lives X[value] range

x3m

x3m

Level 3
Creating a dummy is not the best way to go if you ask me, but it works. I would try to use any aura-ability. Then just do a unit within range of unit with ability takes damage every x sec. Then add an cinematic starfall on target.

Level 3
Well, try to make a periodic trigger, and then make it pick units (units in range 600 of unit) and damage them for (blah+blah*blah) and then make a special effect on them (that could be hard to make leakless though).

Level 6
permanent immolation

in the buff change Special field to starfall buff art

that is:

copy permanent immolation and modify it

copy both immolation buffs
now, in the buff with used Special and Target fields, modify it's Special field to the art for starfall (buffs--->starfall)
then edit the Target field to w/e FX u want on the caster

Level 4
permanent immolation

in the buff change Special field to starfall buff art

that is:

copy permanent immolation and modify it

copy both immolation buffs
now, in the buff with used Special and Target fields, modify it's Special field to the art for starfall (buffs--->starfall)
then edit the Target field to w/e FX u want on the caster

This should work just reading..im not saying the others was worse... Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.