• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[SD/Misc] Possibly an odd request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So the other day I watched a video about the "tharkow-like" or "loot and scoot" game genre and I was intrigued (for reference, this is the video
)
I was thinking about how possible it would be to translate this extraction looter gameplay loop to a warcraft 3 map, when I realized something... I have NO IDEA how these games play, let alone feel. So I asked around a few aquaintances and they had no idea either, which is when I had the idea to "request" it here.
So that's the yist of it. If anyone has deep knowledge of the mechanics of "Escape from Tarkow" or any other game of a similar "feel" it would help me a lot if you could explain to me how the core gameplay loop works. Now you might be saying "but you can get that info from gameplay videos!" and while partially true, gameplay videos don't usually focus on the minor details, such as drop chances or typical amount of encounters per game (these are mere examples). In a sense, I want more raw data than just looking at how somebody plays the game.
Hopefully someone cal help me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.