• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problem with custom models WCR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi.
I'm having trouble importing a downloaded model into the Warcraft 3 Reforged map editor.

I imported all the files that were in the archive when I downloaded. But in the editor itself there is such a situation:

And so on many models.
Help, what can be the problem?

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-30_03-42-23.jpg
    photo_2022-01-30_03-42-23.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 10
These models have custom texture assets. The texture imports to your World Editor Asset Manager using "war3mapImported\File.dds" by default. Instead, you have to change the file path of the texture to match a file path that is encoded inside of the MDX binary custom model.

A lot of authors like to encode the "empty path" to make it easy for you, so then you could just click in the Asset Manager and change "war3mapImported\File.dds" to be "File.dds" instead. But if the model authors had their own organization system, they might have put a different custom path which could be annoying. If you want to check, each model from Hive downloads with an automatically generated README file that lists which file paths to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.