• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problem with Imported Icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Two Problems - Imported Icons and Text

Solved
Well, the problem I seem to be having with the icons is the following;

I've put the items into a shop to buy them. I noticed that when I am not within 'buying distance' from the shop the icon is a green square, however when I come within range the item uses the proper icon.

So my question/problem is how do I go about making it so that the icon isn't a green square when I am not within buying distance so that it always is the custom icon?

Unsolved
Also, the problem I am having with the text is.. I want it so that when a characters hero steps on a region, it displays a certain text to JUST them.. and I've only been able to find a way for it to display to all players.. and help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help! :grin:

Last edited:
Level 5
the Problem is that the shop needs 2 icons graphics to show it proper it dose need the normal BTN this shows up when within range to buy and the DISBTN this one is a blackened version of the BTN.

A note taken out of this tutorial

The disabled icon is basically the same as the normal, except that it has no borders and is more dark.
However the disabled icon must always have the following path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN
Note: The "BTN" prefix isn't necessarily needed, but is recommended to keep icon images better organized.
Technically an icon would work without the "BTN" prefix as well, as long as the disabled version has the "DIS" prefix:
whatever\myIcon.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISmyIcon.blp

Level 2
the Problem is that the shop needs 2 icons graphics to show it proper it dose need the normal BTN this shows up when within range to buy and the DISBTN this one is a blackened version of the BTN.

A note taken out of this tutorial

The disabled icon is basically the same as the normal, except that it has no borders and is more dark.
However the disabled icon must always have the following path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN
Note: The "BTN" prefix isn't necessarily needed, but is recommended to keep icon images better organized.
Technically an icon would work without the "BTN" prefix as well, as long as the disabled version has the "DIS" prefix:
whatever\myIcon.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISmyIcon.blp

Worked, thank you very much. :D

Level 18
Instead of 'Floating Text', you need to use the Action 'Game - Text Message'. Instead of a text at a specific point, the text will be displayed to the left of your screen. If you really need the Floating Text, I think your only option might be JASS, but I'm not sure if it's possible and how to do it. You might find such JASS on the forum if you search some, but I highly recommend you not to use JASS if you don't know basic GUI like Floating Text and Text Massages.

Level 2
If you refer to this screenshot: http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/osraen/warcraft3.jpg

It will show you the text I am talking about. Basically, when I enter this region (It's a dungeon) it will display the text and give information about the dungeon. The problem is that when I step into the region, it gets displayed to ALL players instead of only the one who just entered the region. So how do I make it display ONLY to the character that stepped on the region?

Level 5
could you write down the trigger for your text display? I can only imaging that you didn't declare the player which receives the text.

• Event
    • Unit - unit enters region
  • Condition
    • (owner of (triggering unit)) equal to Player 1 (red)
  • Action
    • Display to Playergroup - Player 1 (red) the text: blablatexttext
You will have to this for every player but it should display the message only to the corresponding Player. However I'm sure their is a way to do a single trigger for all players but i haven't figured that out yet and i have no way to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.