• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Profession Idea For World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi, everybody

i just had an idea, for any adventurers among you that love to find secret spots that no other can find, i had an idea...

This idea goes as folowed:

There will be 1 new professions and an expanded profession , these professions are needed for each other to "survive". The names of these professions are:

1. Mountain Climbing and 2. Blacksmithing expansion: Mountaineering

Mountain Climbing: by doing mountain climbing, you can view places never viewed before, ore enter plains in the mountains, only viewable by air mount. This goes up for the adventurers to discover new places never seen before, ore places only seen in warcraft 3... would you not love to see on a mountain peek within an ancient watch tower the fields of lordearon etc. ore to find creatures that ONLY live in these mountains that might drop unique items ore give unique quests only possible for these climbers...
I'd sure love to!!

Blacksmithing expansion: Mountaineering: This goes the same as for example engineering, at the end of engineering you can choose of Gnomish engineering ORE goblin engineering. This goes the same but then with blacksmithing, at blacksmithing you can choose of 2 options:

* Warfair Blacksmithing (weapons etc. standart blacksmithing), ore...

* Mountaineering Blacksmithing(makes pikes and stuff to make the climbing possible!!)

But how are you supposed to climb a mountain??

well the answer on that is rather simple, everybody that learned mountain climbing and that walks near the foot of the mountain will see coloured spots just a little above you, if you hold your cursor on it and click you grap yourself on the first place, then you click on the second coloured spot and so on

if you enter the foot on the mountain, you wont see the mountain filled with spots, you only see like 3 spots ahead of you, when you reached the end of these spots new ones will appear and so on ...

if you dont understand something then please ask me!!

comments are good also, but plz dont flame on it!!

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

;) :)

Level 9
Like the mountain climbing idea. Would also be cool if they added a somekind of underwater where you can swim waaaay deep underwater to see ancient ruins and deeps unseen by normal players! Keep the ideas coming!

Level 12
I see a problem with this. Sorry.

Unless you never read the forums, there are people exploiting mountains to climb which leads to cheating. I'm not so sure how it's cheating, but likewise a place like Azshara has terrain issues with mountain places you can get stuck at.

Level 6
thought of, this is really old version of the idea, the new version has no are very less bugs, here it is:
(it's posted from word for blizzard so therem ight be some problems with it!!)

Dear Blizzard Entertainment,

Excuse me for any informal ore incorrect English words in the following text, I originally made this text on another site as an idea for a new kind of profession that has nothing to do with Jewel Crafting, though!! Please read the text below and tell me if u would like the idea of this profession, I can understand if you cant use it and that there are like thousands of others that mail you every day and I can also understand they all say the same as me, but I sincerely hope you could at least read this and comment it!

"I just have had an idea, for any adventurers among you (the community) that love to find secret spots that almost no other can find/enter i have thought of the following profession...

This idea goes as followed:

There will be one new profession and one expanded profession, these professions are needed for each other to "survive". The names of these professions are:

1. Mountain Climbing and 2. Blacksmithing expansion: Mountaineering

Mountain Climbing: by doing mountain climbing, you can view places never viewed before, ore enter plains in the mountains, only viewable by air mount. This goes up for the adventurers to discover new places never seen before, ore places only seen in warcraft 3 (like when Arthas talks with Kel'thuzad in the alterac mountains in warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos). Would you not love to be at a mountain peek within an ancient watch tower while viewing the scourged places of lordearon etc. ore to find creatures that ONLY live in these mountains, that might drop unique items ore give unique quests only possible for these climbers...
I'd sure love to!!

Blacksmithing expansion: Mountaineering: This goes the same as for example engineering, at the end of engineering you can choose for Gnomish engineering ORE goblin engineering. This goes the same but then with blacksmithing, the idea for this "split" within Blacksmithing will/could be like this:

* Warfare Blacksmithing (weapons etc. standard blacksmithing like it's now, at the moment), ore...

* Mountaineer Blacksmithing (makes pikes and stuff to make the climbing possible!!)

But how are you supposed to climb a mountain??

Well the answer on that is rather simple; everybody that learned mountain climbing that walks near the foot of a mountain will see coloured spots just a little above them. If you hold your cursor on it and click with right mouse side you hold yourself on the first spot, then you click on the second coloured spot (witch is located right/left and a little above the spot you hold yourself on in the start!!) and so on...

if you enter the foot on the mountain, you wont see the mountain filled with spots, you only see like 3 spots ahead of you, when you reached the end of these spots new ones will appear, and so on ...

Why do I need this Mountaineer Blacksmithing for the profession?

Well, in first place, you will certainly need it to get the required tools to get on the mountain (pikes, spike shoes and rope) if you do not have this, but you do have the profession mountain climbing and you see these coloured spots on the mountain and you click on them, you will see a message like for example:

"Not possible to climb this mountain, cause you do not have the required tools to climb it."

Though if you do have these tools you will automatically climb this mountain, and if you want to get out of the climbing, just push space to jump down

But how are you possible to get óf the climbing without falling down? Because the "spacebar" you need to push to get off the climbing will automatically let you fall down again!

Easy answer again, the spots wont end at the end of the mountain, they will get a little further in the walk area till you are "save" to use the spacebar without falling down again

But what really good things can you do with these professions, what’s the good thing about it?

- You can enter new regions

- You can get new quests

- You can see beautiful views from up

- You can find new creatures that only live in these mountains

- You can find unique drops that only fall into specific mountains and NOWHERE else

- You can find for example roads that will lead you to small outpost of the human refugees in Lordearon, ore some nerubians etc. etc.

How will you grow in your profession level?

Every time you climb a mountain your tools will get in the start 30% item damage, if you grow in your level then that percentage will slowly degrease to max. 10 - 20%!!

But why should we (Blizzard Entertainment) add a profession witch will make it possible to enter mountains that will ultimately lead you to an “under construction” area?

Well, here comes the next part, people aren’t possible to enter/climb all mountains, though most parts they will. At their mountain climb profession trainer they can learn different mountain “types”

For example:

Journeyman Mountain Climber: Will teach you to climb mountains in start regions and such, regions that aren’t really dangerous ore so, places that aren’t really hard

Expert Mountain Climber: Will teach you how to climb mountains in harder regions, such as Ashenvale forest, The Barrens, Thousand Needles and more...

Artisan Mountain Climber: Will teach you how to climb mountains that are located in rough regions such as Silithus, Desolace, Feralas, Burning Steppes and more…

But how in earth are people that learned for example teldrassil mountain climbing and such, going to know Witch Mountain they can climb?

Another simple answer, just like mining, they get a special small option screen next to their minimap, if they click it and check their minimap ore world map they will see all possible mountains they can climb in that certain region.

But, if there is a quest to let the player go into a specific mountain to kill a specific creep, how can they know what mountain they should choose?

When you click on the “mountain climb detector” option (the option screen I talked about in the past!!), every signed mountain has a small name next to it if you hold your cursor on it!! This way you can easily find the mountain you need to climb!

But, if you learn mountain climbing at for example level 20, and you need to wait till like level 40 to get the option to learn Mountaineer Blacksmithing, what is the use for the mountain climbing at level 20 then? Cause if it stays this way, more and more people do not want to learn mountain climbing! (Cause they need to wait for so long to finally go and climb a mountain)

Well, I’ve thought of this, but I have a solution. People that want to learn blacksmithing must immediately make a choice: Warfare blacksmithing ore Mountaineer blacksmithing, then you would think: Why would people ever choose mountaineer blacksmithing? Cause if you choose mountaineer blacksmithing you cannot make items that you could normally make with blacksmithing, only mountaineer items!! Well, that’s not really true; it goes a little like this:

1. In the start about 80% of the mountaineer blacksmithing is the same, though mountaineer blacksmiths can make mountain tools to climb a mountain. But they cannot learn some of the armour, warfare blacksmiths do can!
2. Later on, as you upgrade your blacksmithing skill, mountaineer climbers can learn more and more climb tools, but less and less armour tools witch are all possible for the warfare blacksmiths!
3. At about level 40+ only like 10% of the abilities is the same, mountaineer blacksmiths can make like 4-5 armour items while warfare blacksmiths can make like 20-30!!
4. At about level 45 the tools mountaineers can make, stops, while warfare blacksmiths can make more and more items!! Though, areas mountaineer blacksmiths enter, have unique artefacts only THEY can find!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope I informed you enough to get a clear view on my idea. You, Blizzard Entertainment, should know better then all other computer game companies, that this idea is still in the start phase, its far from ready, and I don’t know if I will expand this idea, I surely will try to if you like this idea!!

Since I can understand you have a lot on your minds, especially in this time of the year, I still hope you can respond on this message between now and a month!

Sincerely thanks for at least reading this message, merry Christmas and a happy new year for all of you in the Blizzard Entertainment team!! Go on making fantastic games like these (And especially a new part of the Warcraft strategies series!!) Perhaps a story about ragnaros and the dark iron dwarves coming in the world? Who knows!! Good luck!!

Thanks,
Nazghul_Master

The Netherlands

P.S. I
Again I’m sorry for the bad English; I hope you can forgive me that!!
P.S. II
I write this letter directly to you because I want to handle it for you personally!!

Level 2
Because the walls are there to NOT get to areas not normaly accesible, if you havent noticed they nerfed wall walking so you couldent get to them.

Level 6
Shade_30 Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because the walls are there to NOT get to areas not normaly accesible, if you havent noticed they nerfed wall walking so you couldent get to them.

read this again:

But why should we (Blizzard Entertainment) add a profession witch will make it possible to enter mountains that will ultimately lead you to an “under construction” area?

Well, here comes the next part, people aren’t possible to enter/climb all mountains, though most parts they will. At their mountain climb profession trainer they can learn different mountain “types”

For example:

Journeyman Mountain Climber: Will teach you to climb mountains in start regions and such, regions that aren’t really dangerous ore so, places that aren’t really hard

Expert Mountain Climber: Will teach you how to climb mountains in harder regions, such as Ashenvale forest, The Barrens, Thousand Needles and more...

Artisan Mountain Climber: Will teach you how to climb mountains that are located in rough regions such as Silithus, Desolace, Feralas, Burning Steppes and more…

and as an extra, i'm talking about mountains and hills blizzard did not add to stop people from entering some places. And second, i didn't tell you that people could climb all mountains. Also some parts of specific mountains aren't possible to climb, for example:

i start at a mountain at the end of Azhara region, i climb up till i see a small road (made especially by blizzard to follow it!!) though, im curious and i want to go on and go on, though! this mountain will automatically lead me to a place that is not yet avaiable for the public, so there are no coloured spots to find from up here!

You get what i mean with what i wrote above? people can climb specific places on the mountain, they can start at the bottom, but from a certain spot (at some mountains) they cannot go on, just like in reality when it starts to get to hard!

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

;) :)

P.S. stay responding, like i said people, this idea is far from over, if you give me more critic points i can work on them! So keep on till this plan is fuly clear of problems!

Level 11
If you want to go climb mountains go do it. There's already tons in game since Blizz likes to use them as barriers. I personally suggest the mountains around Quel'thalas bordering the ocean, those are are some nice ones.

Plus this sounds far too similar to the wall walking Blizz killed with 1.9 to ever be considered as a real profession.

Level 3
Who knows?

This profession you noticed above is quite unique but what are the pros of it exept viewing thigs from above having extra quests and mobs and unique loots etc?
Anyway , blizzard could make it just as a secondary skill , if possible ...
to conclude, i think your idea is cool, even if it has pros and cons.. Who knows? Blizzard may reconsider your ideas... I wish you luck friend and happy gaming !

Status
Not open for further replies.