• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Project Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm working on a project...taking the entire Orc and Human campaigns for WC2 and remaking them on the WC3 World Editor. My problems are:

1. o.o the trigger editor is soooo confusing...I'm trying to put the victory conditions for the player so that they will win once:
-They Build 4 Farms
-They Build a Barracks
-They Train 5 Footmen

Issue I am having is I can't figure out how to do this.

2. Remaking the techtree for the orcs and humans to fit the one from WC2

3. Finding a deathknight that matches the WC2 one

4. Finding a paladin that matches the WC2 one

5. Finding custom hero models/skins to represent the heroes I am making for the campaigns:
Orc Hero - Cheitain Thrull Bloodaxe - Axeweilding orc Hero (One big axe like grom or two axes like the beastmasters)

Human Hero - Regional Commander Darious Brightshore - Swordweilding human hero (One big sword, like the Arthas (Weiding frostmourne) model.

6. Cutscenes....no clue how to make them

Level 20
I think i can help you with the first one, create a variable:
Name - - - - -Type
Building_Type | Unit-Type | 0 | No
  • Variables
    • Events
      • Map Initalization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Building_Type[1] to Farm
      • Set Building_Type[2] to Barracks
      • Set Building_Type[3] to Footmen
  • WIN
    • Events
      • A unit finishes a building
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If / Then / Else Multiply
        • If
          • Building_Type[1] in Playable map area (Optional: Owned by Player) equal to 4
          • And
            • Building_Type[2] --:-- equal to 1
            • And
              • Building_Type[3] --:-- equal to 5
        • Then
          • Enable Victory for YOURPLAYER
        • Else

Level 8
I'm working on a project...taking the entire Orc and Human campaigns for WC2 and remaking them on the WC3 World Editor. My problems are:

1. o.o the trigger editor is soooo confusing...I'm trying to put the victory conditions for the player so that they will win once:
-They Build 4 Farms
-They Build a Barracks
-They Train 5 Footmen

Issue I am having is I can't figure out how to do this.

2. Remaking the techtree for the orcs and humans to fit the one from WC2

3. Finding a deathknight that matches the WC2 one

4. Finding a paladin that matches the WC2 one

5. Finding custom hero models/skins to represent the heroes I am making for the campaigns:
Orc Hero - Cheitain Thrull Bloodaxe - Axeweilding orc Hero (One big axe like grom or two axes like the beastmasters)

Human Hero - Regional Commander Darious Brightshore - Swordweilding human hero (One big sword, like the Arthas (Weiding frostmourne) model.

6. Cutscenes....no clue how to make them

Hiveworkshop is filled with WC2 style models. If you search you will find I promise you that. I've seen WC2 Death Knights and Paladin models here so they do exist. Just look.

Level 15
u can use Bandit Lord model for paladin - it has bronze/gold armour on horse instead of gray.

as for techtree - you should have a look at Upgrades section in Object Editor - so you can make new ones and Techtree section of unit statistics in Object Editor. its all rather intuitive, easy to understand, once you have a look.

EDIT: also, i'm sure that there are models you need on hive. seen some of them rescently. even if you cant find what you need, go to www.wc3c.net - a large base of models/skins there too

Level 4
The heroes for the campaign, I want them to have a glow. I want the WC2 DK and Pally models to not have a glow.

I found out how to make my own techtree/building tree. I found a decent models for WC2 DK and Pally (The glow is a bit annoying).

I am having one slight issue. Importing the models....I follow the instructions given and the models don't show in Object Viewer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.