• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Project Save Wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Read about the project here: http://www.wcreplays.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146973&p=3104352#post3104352

Below are the relevant problems I've encountered. Feel free to address or tackle any one of the problems below
NEEDS:
1. Taunt - I want a taunt for mountain giants like Berserker's Call. Must interrupt channeling spells. There can be multiple mountain giants with taunt overlap in wc3 melee though, unlike in DOTA, so if another mountain giant taunts before another mountain giant's taunt duration is over the units in range affected by the first taunt must switch to the new taunter. I'm not too familiar with hashtables - is it possible to assign different hashtables to each taunt that is used?

2. Priest heal bug - Sometimes Priests ordered to do something will lose the order if they are in between casting consecutive heals. I tried using set variable to save the order and wanted to add a Stop and Reorder to work around this. The dropdown for issue order actions only allow you to choose from presets though so this solution didn't work...

3. Moon/Lawliet Zeppelin/staff abuse - I'd like to fix this so it is made impossible. What happens atm is if you staff of preservation on a zeppelin then spam to enter the zeppelin with your hero you can staff out the zeppelin with your hero loaded into it.

4. Lawliet Perma Invul hero abuse - Atm if a tree is uprooted, you can cast scroll of town portal and if the tree walks out of range in time the portal is cancelled, but the hero stays invulnerable the whole time AND keeps the scroll of town portal so he can keep doing this for invulnerability in a battle.

5. Blink Dagger - I want a blink dagger just like dota's with a 3 sec disable when the hero is attacked. Tried it myself. Possible to do it (requiring a lot of triggers for the solution I figured out) but want the most elegant solution possible, so if anyone has anything to offer I'd appreciate it.

6. "You must explore there first" error when targeting unexplored territory - I'd like to make abilities like blink castable in unexplored areas and also building structures possible.

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm usually the one asking things so I can't really answer all your question (lol)

1. The question is if it's possible or not right? Yes, it's possible. But no, I don't know how to do it.

2. I have no idea what this is about since it never happen to me.

3. Same as number 2.

4. Ditto number 3.

5. (Which you type as another 4) Is actually really easy... There's this item abilities called Orb of Lightning (new) (or Orb of Slow, I prefer Orb of Lightning since it's the same as your request), first change all the chance to 100 and then change Item Purge (2) stats... 0 hero/unit pause, then set the mana loss and summoned unit damage. Last, make a trigger that deals damage equal to mana loss should a unit get hit by said orb.

Level 2
Not sure what you're talking about when you say "0 hero/unit pause"

Also you can't set mana loss I believe.

Level 3
not sure if you don't get what I said or just didn't bother to check it:
D5ecMDJ.png

Pause Duration, Mana Loss... isn't that those things Purge has from the beginning? or you though it was just a buff removing and slow?

Level 24
is it possible to assign different hashtables to each taunt that is used?
That is just wasting valuable data boxes.

I don't really know what you want to do... but I made a few taunts lately and I can set any data to a taunt.
(I think I will make a Taunt Extension in my EOT System.)

But anyway, reviving WC3 is not gonna be that much of an achievement I believe.
Personally I never played WC3 a lot and many that are here are only for the fun custom maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.