• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Quest designers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently looking for 5 idea guys to design 5 cool side quests for my current project (can be found in my signature).

What you will do:

Design a quest, including dialogue (may be corrected by me in terms of grammar and to be historically accurate in the universe I have created), objectives, character names, mechanics and everything involved.

You will get your name in the end credits of the map, and you will get a special mention in the map thread when I release it.

Some additional info:

The quest should have two possible outcomes. The player should be able to choose between one good action and one evil action. The rewards and outcomes of the quest will depend on the players choice.

The quest givers are all humans, and there are no orcs in this world. Your enemy is undead. The quest givers are all located in a big city with country side around. There's a nearby village, an inn, and an undead city. You play an elf, but most people don't know what elves are so the player keeps it a secret for most.

You will not be making any triggers or code and will not get access to the map itself. You will simply design a quest and make a script for it that I will implement. Simple kill/fetch quests are highly undesirable. I really appreciate proper quests with good backstories and character development.

If you want to be an idea guy just throw me a PM :)

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
I don't think you have been thinking this properly.
I'm currently looking for 5 idea guys to design 5 cool side quests for my current project (can be found in my signature).

What you will do:

Design a quest, including dialogue (may be corrected by me in terms of grammar and to be historically accurate in the universe I have created), objectives, character names, mechanics and everything involved.
How can anyone design a quest if they don't know what the universe, story, characters, mechancs and other stuff are about, and just, everything?

The quest givers are all humans, and there are no orcs in this world. Your enemy is undead. The quest givers are all located in a big city with country side around. There's a nearby village, an inn, and an undead city. You play an elf, but most people don't know what elves are so the player keeps it a secret for most.
I have no clue about what I just read about. Still vague.

You will not be making any triggers or code and will not get access to the map itself. You will simply design a quest and make a script for it that I will implement. Simple kill/fetch quests are highly undesirable. I really appreciate proper quests with good backstories and character development.
How do you make a quest without triggers, and specially without the map? But then you mention script, hmmm. No one can have "proper quests" ideas if they simply don't know anything about the map.
Seriously man, it feels like you're requesting something ultra vague and then make it a thousand times worse by not letting people see what the make looks like, no proper contextualization.
The only relevant info you posted was this one below.

Some additional info:

The quest should have two possible outcomes. The player should be able to choose between one good action and one evil action. The rewards and outcomes of the quest will depend on the players choice.
But the rest really feels like a joke.
The only questions I have are...why can't you do them yourself? Are you just in search for ideas or?

How can anyone design a quest if they don't know what the universe, story, characters, mechancs and other stuff are about, and just, everything?
Sure they can, if they invent new characters. I should have included that it's not a modern type map, but I did say initially that it's for the project in my signature. People who are interested would probably look at the project thread and get a feel of what kind of map it's for.
I have no clue about what I just read about. Still vague.
See my previous reply.
How do you make a quest without triggers, and specially without the map? But then you mention script, hmmm. No one can have "proper quests" ideas if they simply don't know anything about the map.
Seriously man, it feels like you're requesting something ultra vague and then make it a thousand times worse by not letting people see what the make looks like, no proper contextualization.
The only relevant info you posted was this one below.
An architect doesn't build the buildings he draws the same way the people who designs the quests doesn't trigger them (in this case). The term "script" might come off as confusing, but it is meant in the same sense as a movie script. Not as in a LUA/JASS script.
The only questions I have are...why can't you do them yourself? Are you just in search for ideas or?
I can and I do. The map contains numerous quests already made by me, I just want to have some extra to add. Kind of a search for ideas, but since the whole quest will be thought out by someone else and they will be credited accordingly I thought it better to post it in project recruitment instead of idea factory.

Level 9
Hmm. How about this?

You start the quest being contacted by a lost spirit. The spirit tells you her sad story, claims that in life her name was Anna and that she was wrongfully accused and killed by the men of the church. Because of the nature of her death and how she lived the last moments of her life, she cannot find peace or pass on because of the people that wronged her and considered that death would be a too kind fate for her; thus her soul is chained via magic to the world to wander for ever until the spell is broken.
You set off to break the magical focal points that keep the poor spirit chained to the living world and each time you encounter one of the guardians they shout at you to stop and "she must not be freed". After you break all of the magical focal points you are to retrieve a special urn that was used to seal the spirit's earthly remains and is the main reason why the spirit can't move on from the world. After a difficult battle, the urn is smashed and the spirit is presumed to be freed and able to pass on. After the deed is done the Bishop tells you that "you don't know what you've done" and then gives his last breath.
After investigating the truth about Anna, you find out that in life she was a wealthy and arrogant noble woman who mistreated all of her people and even conducted dark rituals to upkeep her youthful aspect and extend her natural lifespan. She was killed when her mansion was set on fire and the servants locked her inside her personal chambers unable to escape the fires. After her death, Anna turned into a powerful Banshee that caused misfortune and death to anyone for any reason because of the spite she has against the living. After a considerable effort from the church's servants, Anna was sealed off and hoped that in time her essence would fade away and she might find peace.
Being recently released from such an extended imprisonment, you still have a chance to end her before she can truly start to cause havoc on the city once again, or grow stronger.

1) First Option: You can attempt to search the Bishop's personal quarters and find a powerful holy heirloom that can exorcise Anna and (albeit by force) grant her the peace she deserves. Considering what you've done, the church won't look kindly at you, but since you are trying to make amends they will lend you some help. After the heirloom burns away the hate and anger, the last word you hear from the Banshee are those of gratitude as she fades into nothingness.

2) Second Option: You decide to face off the Banshee in single combat. After you strike the final blow the Banshee's hateful essence spreads and seeps into the city's residents, making everyone feel on edge and upset over the most trivial things. Even if the Banshee is no more the people will carry on a mote of her hateful essence within them for a very long time.

3) Third Option: You decide that it's no longer your problem and you won't risk tackling such a possibly dangerous foe on your own. The Banshee is someone else's problem and the church can handle it properly this time.

Level 14
An assassin targets the player's hero(or one of its units) with poison then retreats.
You can possibly kill the assassin as he is fleeing or pursue the assassin and find where they are going.
Once you find where they went you might find them writing a report(if you get too close while they are writing the report they stop writing the report and possibly flee somewhere else or flee out of the map).
If you wait for the report to be written before they give it to a messenger and get the report(for example you interpose yourself between the assassin and the messenger which triggers a cinematic where you grab the letter from the assassin hand or something) you get more information on a conspiracy against you.
(The quest starting condition might be the end of a previous quest or killing a specific npc)
Killing the assassin directly does not allows to get information about the conspiracy(since the assassin did not write the letter and the assassin will not talk) and once you have the report you can if you want to just walk away (the quest is complete even if you do not kill the assassin or the messenger).

Last edited:
Level 4
As an quest before the one posted by noob, you need to protect and escolt a merchant and his family (wife and child) throug a undead forest, to reaching an holy fountain able to curate his child from an zombie disease or something like that, but things gone wreid an his child become an monster; his father, acussate you and hides. This may be an good back history. (his wife, in fact if you are wondering, she was murdered by her child)

Status
Not open for further replies.