• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Question about Newgen and Doodad Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I was just sitting here making this awesome looking fort made from lots of doodads when, for whatever reason, I remember there being a limit. I hit Ctrl-A and the counter said 4k Doodads. if I'm not mistaken, that's half the limit and I have yet to make sooo much that I want to. Someone said on a different site that Newgen can remove the limit, but I gotta ask, is it safe? And also, is Newgen updated for use with 1.26a? Any suggestions on how to overcome this obstacle would be much appreciated as well, thanks!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do be aware that the limit was put there for a reason. WC3 can start to perform bad with too many units, doodads or destructible on the map.

There is a hard-coded destructible limit of around 40-60k after which the game fatal errors in game due to finite resource depletion of some artificial resource.

Level 6
Well, at 4k doodads I'd say I'm a third of the way done with the map. so in total I might max out at around 12k. Is this too much above the limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.