• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reduce food cost upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey!
I was wondering if theres a way to make it when some one gets an upgrade that the food cost for a certain unit goes down by one. Can be object editor or Trigger i dont really care. Thanks in advance.. P.S i sorta wana avoid having to use 'replace' becuase the unit is a resorce gatherer with the abilty 'gather' and i think it would make them come off the tree... that would be annoying...
P.P.S starting food cost for this unit is 5 so make it so food cost would end at 0. <--- captain obvious!:spell_breaker:

Level 7
Why don't you attempt to use Chaos, or the berserker upgrade.

The only way to affect the food cost of a unit, is by changing its unit type, so your only options are replace, chaos, or berserker upgrade.

Level 13
maybe use
natural building - remove type of unit (that costs normal food)
natural building - add type of unit (that costs less food)

i am not sure that you can use "natural building - remove type of unit" if he was not added by triggers

but im sure you could do this

YOUR SHOP - units trained
FOOTMAN (3) - cost 3 food
FOOTMAN (2) - cost 2 food
FOOTMAN (1) - cost 1 food

trigger 1

MAP INITIALIZATION
actions
pick every player in (All Players) and do action
-disable tanning of unit type (FOOTMAN (1)) for picked player
-disable tanning of unit type (FOOTMAN (2)) for picked player

trigger 2

when your unit finishes your upgrade

actions
if upgrade lvl equal to 1 (you have this condition at integer>player)
disable tanning of unit type (FOOTMAN (3))
enable tanning of unit type (FOOTMAN (2))
if upgrade lvl equal to 2 (you have this condition at integer>player)
disable tanning of unit type (FOOTMAN (2))
enable tanning of unit type (FOOTMAN (1))

Status
Not open for further replies.