• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reducing and Renaming Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey guys I got an animation remover downloaded a while ago but I have trouble using it.. It only shows a run time error that says path/file access error... here's the link http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=831766&postcount=8.. could you guys recommend another anim remover? I exported a model from warcraft but its spell anim is useless so I want to remove it so that I can have less import size..

and extra question.. is renaming an animation also change the command to play it in game? example spell to attack so that the spell anim will play every time the units attack?

Use MdlVis. Open Your model with it, then go to Modules/Sequence Editor.
In the right, under Current Sequence, select the desired animation to be removed, then you can press Ctrl + D or go to Frames/Clear. Don't do it if the Current Sequence is All Line, because that will erase all the key frames for all animations.

For the other question, sure. The animations in the model are called by his name, not by the action he performs. You can name it as you want. Remember, you can't create your own animations names.

Level 3
For renaming animations. But you can do this with MdlVis, so you don't need Magos. Magos can delete the sequence animation, but the keyframes will still there.

Well,Magos Model Editor can rename animations too and delete animations in the sequence manager.
To Delete: Right Click the Animation then select Delete/Remove.
To rename just double click your animation and set its name.
Well thats what I did when I was messing around with my ME.

Well,Magos Model Editor can rename animations too and delete animations in the sequence manager.
To Delete: Right Click the Animation then select Delete/Remove.
To rename just double click your animation and set its name.
Well thats what I did when I was messing around with my ME.

No, Magos can't remove the animation. Only removes the animation in the animations list. The keyframe data stay intact in the bones, so if you write again the start and end key frame in a new animation, you will notice the animation is there. You need to erase the animation if you don't need it to save space.

Level 3
No, Magos can't remove the animation. Only removes the animation in the animations list. The keyframe data stay intact in the bones, so if you write again the start and end key frame in a new animation, you will notice the animation is there. You need to erase the animation if you don't need it to save space.

Oh sorry like i said that's what i did when i was just messing around

Status
Not open for further replies.