• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Remake of the Warlock hero. Open for suggestions and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
The Warlock has already been through a remake before. However I am not satisfied with the results. Before I start making drastic changes to the hero, I'd like to hear some opinions. Below you can reveal all the necessary info for the Hero. Get a general idea of the skillset of the hero and you can post your suggestions by filling a template.

warlockb.png

tehbrandnewwarlock.png

descriptionp.png

Ranged caster hero that controls destructive abilities and summons demons to do his bidding. The warlock can manipulate souls to heal or damage units.

informationd.png

• Primary Attribute: Intelligence
  • Role: Caster, Healer

abilitiesz.png

Ability TypeNameEffect

Normal 1
Ability_creature_cursed_03.png

Death Sanctuary
Whenever the Warlock or his minions kill an enemy unit, he gains 1 Soul. Souls can be used to fuel other abilities and passively provide mana regeneration.

Normal 2
Spell_fire_soulburn.png

Soul Burn
Blasts a targeted enemy unit, dealing large amount of damage. For a short time after being damaged, the target will not be able to make successful attacks. Provides 1 Soul.

Normal 1
doom.gif

Dark Power
Consumes 1 Soul to get empowered gaining bonus damage. If Shadow Word is casted while empowered it will instantly heal the target. If Soul Burn is casted while empowered it will leave a DoT on the target.

Levelable 2
skill-1.jpg

Shadow Word
Surrounds a targeted friendly or enemy unit with a spell that heals it if its friendly or damages it if it is enemy over time.

Levelable 3
Ability_warlock_fireandbrimstone.png

Gift of Sargeras
Creates a vicious explosion at a targeted area, damaging enemy units within it. A Felguard will emerge out of the explosion that will fight for the Warlock. Requires 1 Soul.

Ultimate
skill-3.jpg

Rain of Fire
The Warlock calls forth his most powerful minion - the Infernal by shattering the skies. The Infernal will damage and stun all enemy units at his landing site.

trivia.png

• Coming soon!

Suggestion Template: (copy this in your comment)

[b][u]Description of my suggestion/idea:[/b][/u]
-----------------------------------------------

[b][u]Ability Suggestion:[/b][/u]

[size=2]Icon:[/size] [img]*ICON LINK HERE*[/img]
[size=2]Name: ---------------------[/size]
[size=2]Description: ---------------------[/size]

Last edited:
Level 11
Description of my idea:

Well, basically i wanted to make it more offensive, and more useful in fights. Also some healing is good for harder boss fights. All the statistics should stay the same, int hero, caster.

Ability TypeNameEffect

Normal 1
Ability_warlock_improvedsoulleech.png

Soul Devour
Consumes soul of the targeted enemy. [Cannot target lvls higher than 8]. The unit, that has his soul consumed, will be losing health per second. After it's death, it will heal all nearby allies.

Normal 2
Ability_rogue_envelopingshadows.png

Dark Energy
Creates a circle of shadows at selected location. When allied hero is standing in it, it will regenerate his health. [Last e.g. 5 seconds]

Levelable 1
Ability_creature_cursed_03.png

Sacrifice
Sacrifices targeted enemy to Sargeras. Throws a debuff on the enemy, that will do damage over time. If at the moment of casting the spell the enemy's health is 10% or lower, it will be instanly killed [Doesnt work on bosses]. In both cases, after the enemy dies, it will spawn a minion to help the Warlock. Requires 1 Soul.

Levelable 2
Ability_warrior_bloodnova.png

Fire Blast
Blasts a selected area with fire, dealing damage to every enemy in range, and slowing it's attack and movement speed for a percentage amount.

Levelable 3
Ability_deathwing_bloodcorruption_death.png

Corruption
Corrupts the blood of targeted unit. If the unit is ally, it will regenerate his health and boost his attack speed. If the unit is enemy, it will instantly damage it, lowering it's damage for a period of time.

Ultimate
Ability_warlock_empoweredimp.png

Gift of Sargeras
Summons a serveant of Sargeras, that will emerge of fire exlosion. All the enemies standing at the summon's landing area will be damaged, and will take higher damage from Warlock and Servant of Sargeras. Requires 1 Soul.

Level 1
I like Hadeis's idea but maybe change the Dark energy spell with something more used for a warlock Maybe A Drain life spell that heals the caster and his allies in a 300 aoe around him for 30% of the dmg dealt. :vw_love:

Status
Not open for further replies.