• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request for Wards/Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Request for Sentry Wards/Map Team

Good day to all at the Hive Workshop. It seems I am in need of a few Wards for this new map project I am working on. If someone would be so kind to make a few that are like the Sentry Ward and or Observer Ward it would be greatly appreciated.

I would like the colours to be different and the base to have their own idols, if you know what I mean (The faces each ward has).

I would also like dfferent portrait views for each one (To increase the uniqueness).

I would appreciate a Purple Ward, with some sort of idol that would be appropriate to the colour.

A Black Ward, with a somewhat 'Dark' touch to the idol.

A Red Ward, with an Evil sort of idol.

A White/Golden Ward, with a Holy touch to the idol while still keeping it original to the 'Troll' theme the Blizzard Entertainment wards have.

And a Yellow Ward, with a more 'Enlightening' feel to the base.

Green and Blue will not be needed due to its availability in the World Editor currently, and I would like the eye's on the wards to be the same as the Blizzard versions, maybe with different animations perhaps, if that is not too much to ask for.

Like Red with a more sporadic sweep to signify rage and fury in the form of speed, and so on.

Also I would be interested in a healing ward that is less Barrenish... a lighter touch rather than brute colors such as dark orange and yellow, one like that would be appreciated.

Also a bit of aid in creating the map itself has been saught out for awhile so if interested PM me.

Thank you again to all who view/participate in this thread, it is greatly appreciated. Distribute the models as you will, just be sure to keep me updated on the progress.

UPDATE: I appologize for leaving these screenshots out from the curren project I am working with. Also I appologize for the dense block format of text I was using, I have been creating maps solely until now so I am unaware of the usual methods of threads. (Excluding Custom Imports)

EDIT: The manage attachments button is currently not working for me, while I troubleshoot that issue if there are any interested in aiding the map itself I will personally email you the screenshots. Please provide email address with that thread reply.

UPDATE: Thur/Jan/03/08: Sorry for the late screen shot uploads, it took me awhile to fix the 'Manage Uploads' button problem. Hopefully these screenshots will help in proving that the map is indeed in production and should become finished late after beta testing. If you need more proof of my projects becoming complete then check the three maps I have already uploaded in the Maps section.
(If you see missing letters in my words I appologize... Keyboard is crap)

Thanks again.
- Taurus

Attachments

• TrueHeroes.jpg
    TrueHeroes.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 133
  • TrueHeroes2.jpg
    TrueHeroes2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 149
  • TrueHeroes3.jpg
    TrueHeroes3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Nobody will help you wth this, for several reasons.

a) large blocks of text are intimidating.
b) you didn't say what project you are working on or provide pictures for it
c) it is HIGHLY unclear what you are f*cking talking about
d) you obviously didn't read the forum rules.
e) nobody is likely to help someone with a bad request, let alone a new guy who has no rep and a post count of 1
f) not many people keep rescources private at this website

Level 3
Rules:
Make your topic name of your post relevant to your request content.
Try to explain your request as good and detailed as possible of what you want, so people know what you're talking about (include screenshots if needed)
DO NOT "shout" your request out (i.e. write it in capital letters).
Please use clear understandable english.
Please try not to ask to for anything that has already been requested, and at least check our collection for you item before requesting.
Only request an item once! Requesting an item many times may result in post/thread deletion or more.
DO NOT post more than once in row, if you are bumping then please wait at least 2 days before bumping. Double, triple etc posters will recieve negative reputation.
DO NOT Hijack peoples threads, this is read..VERY
DO NOT expect or demand people to do your request, people have lives and are busy on other things.
The dicussion of requesting or linking to Exported game rips (Wow models) is agaisnt the rules.
I see no issues with my thread from these rules, if there is something you did not understand you could ask for a clearer or bulleted description. The project is still in development for me even, it is still in the planning stage, I only have terrain developed and a general idea of what must be done to complete it. I only wanted to keep resources private by my own request not by the authors, it was to limit the amount of negative comments on someones unfinished work as well as the high amount of rip off's on these author's models and icons I have seen on Battle.net. There is a new rule update submited by Chriz. that you should go over about unconstructive posts on a thread. Your reply was all but 'constructive,' all I got from your reply was negativity towards a simple post. If you are to get so angry at simple things such as these I suggest you keep your comments to yourself. It would be appreciated.
- Taurus

Taurus, that isn't me being angry, me being angry is much less pleasant.

That is me (trying to anyway) give you constructive ways to improve the chances of your request being fulfilled.

I was not derogitory to you in any way at all (if I cencor my swear words, it means I am not trying to be rude).

I am telling you how the site works and what people like to see, and as for your having read the forums rules, good ^.^

And also, isn't the above much easier to read than the following:

Taurus, that isn't me being angry, me being angry is much less pleasant. That is me (trying to anyway) give you constructive ways to improve the chances of your request being fulfilled. I was not derogitory to you in any way at all (if I cencor my swear words, it means I am not trying to be rude). I am telling you how the site works and what people like to see, and as for your having read the forums rules, good ^.^

Level 36
Rules:
Make your topic name of your post relevant to your request content.
Try to explain your request as good and detailed as possible of what you want, so people know what you're talking about (include screenshots if needed)
DO NOT "shout" your request out (i.e. write it in capital letters).
Please use clear understandable english.
Please try not to ask to for anything that has already been requested, and at least check our collection for you item before requesting.
Only request an item once! Requesting an item many times may result in post/thread deletion or more.
DO NOT post more than once in row, if you are bumping then please wait at least 2 days before bumping. Double, triple etc posters will recieve negative reputation.
DO NOT Hijack peoples threads, this is read..VERY
DO NOT expect or demand people to do your request, people have lives and are busy on other things.
The dicussion of requesting or linking to Exported game rips (Wow models) is agaisnt the rules.
I see no issues with my thread from these rules, if there is something you did not understand you could ask for a clearer or bulleted description. The project is still in development for me even, it is still in the planning stage, I only have terrain developed and a general idea of what must be done to complete it. I only wanted to keep resources private by my own request not by the authors, it was to limit the amount of negative comments on someones unfinished work as well as the high amount of rip off's on these author's models and icons I have seen on Battle.net. There is a new rule update submited by Chriz. that you should go over about unconstructive posts on a thread. Your reply was all but 'constructive,' all I got from your reply was negativity towards a simple post. If you are to get so angry at simple things such as these I suggest you keep your comments to yourself. It would be appreciated.
- Taurus

Pwnt by a new guy.

Edit: I guess I may as well make this constructive... You should use bullet points to list what you want, but after actually bothering to read all that, I've decided that it's a reasonable request and somebody other than me should do it for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.