• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Dunno how to say it, but instead of putting resources under the author name, could u also put them under the submitted name? cuz when u click on for example my spells it says I dont have any cuz as authour I used: Dah_Mulak, and my wc3sear acc is Ramza. I also had this at my map and fixed it, but I think it will be easier cuz then u can easily find what every1 has made and the 'links' to those owners resources work better.

Level 7
Before I moved my spells to www.wc3campaigns.net, I had a similiar problem, but that was because of a site bug that could've been fixed but never was. I was submitting spells with "Blade.dk" as author but with my "Blade.dk2" account and they showed up nowhere in profiles and stuff.

I even PM'ed oz02 about a month ago, to ask him to fix it (the thread tells us to pm a mod about it) but he has not read it.

I agree that something should be done, but it would require Darky to come back, and he most likely won't.

Level 7
VGsatomi said:
Before I moved my spells to www.wc3campaigns.net,

Interesting...considering that I'd imagine anyone who was interested in spreading their work around the community as much as they could would have their work submitted to as many sites as possible, and not move them and keep them exclusive to one.
-VGsatomi

Interesting... considering that you only focused about the fact that I moved, and not the whole contents of the post.

But why would I not want my spells here?

There are a couple of reasons:

Speed. This site is extremely slow. I am barely able to check any resources, and I would like to be able to answer comments on my own works.

Author went wrong on them, because of such a stupid bug that I wonder it would've taken more than a few minutes to fix, if this site had an active admin. And interesting enough, even when I said this in the last post you ignored it.

I would like Darky to become active again, I used to love this site, but I don't like it as much anymore, an inactive admin makes it worse, no matter how good a job the mods are doing.

Level 22
I didnt focus on the previous parts of the post because I would never quite believe that site speed or taking extra time to view feedback comments would ever be someone's reason for removing their resources. You'll have to excuse me on that one as I've never heard of that before.

The "author" is only a problem if your dont spell you name in the map the same way you have it spelled on your site account (I mean it has to be exactly the same...including case sensative).
-VGsatomi

Level 7
It wasn't the only reasons, in fact, but I won't post the rest, some people always starts flame wars about such sensible topics.

It used to be exactly correct, but then my account went wrong because of that templates bug. I contacted oz02 back then, and asked if I could create a new one. He allowed me to do so, and I was forced to make it something else, so I added the 2, which makes it bug out. That was what I meant with an easy to fix bug, removing the other templates option.

And I would, of course, not change my name, that would be like asking a singer to change his/her artist's name, just to make a records shop able to index his/her works correctly.

Level 9
Um VG isnt it a bit late now? I dont mean to be annoying but im just asking.

And with moving sites yea sure i might just have gone to wc3c if not for the damn admin i find them rude and this site has much more to offer. I could go to anvil but they are still relatively new and they also dont offer what this site has.

Every website on the internet has its problems, like this site has a problem with alot of things, I think it needs a new template and some things removed etc but im not going to complain about it theres no use hardly anybody listens to me.

Level 3
Thank you for fixing it, VG, and could you please check your PM inbox? More problems has occured.

By the way, my friend Mc !'s account is bugged out now, same reason, please fix that also.

Thank you :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.