• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Root ability glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a custom model that uses the Root ability to move between a building and a flying hovering unit. I get a strange pathing error that results in the unit being off center. Consult the attached screen for an example. I've attached the test map as well.

EDIT:
The solution as Retera and I have successfully tested is this:

Give the Root ability to the intended building via a trigger upon completion. This fixes the pathing issue, and makes the building image used when Rooting the correct image.

Solved.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 157
  • error.w3x
    250.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Level 12
I've determined that this is being caused by having a worker other than a wisp based worker build the building. It appears that only NE workers support Root.

Edit: Setting collision to 16 solves the offset issue but units may walk through it.

I did not test this, but for me this sounds like a collision issue. You could try increasing build range by using a "build tiny xxx" ability or setting pathing of the worker to false when he gets a build order.

Status
Not open for further replies.