• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Searing arrows that take mana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
The original topic:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65860

Well, I tried to make a ability that allows my unit to burn the mana of the enemy each attack, first I used feedback, but feedback cannot be turned off and its a orb, so I choose searing arrow.

I tried adding a effect to the arrow and burn the mana of units with the effect, but the effect never appear and the mana don't burn.
After I tried a buf, and got the same problem.
So I tried making it:

• Hama no Ya Test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Hama no Ya
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Casting Unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (Target unit of ability being cast) To ((Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - 4)
        • Else - Actions
  • This repeat for all lvs with different amount of mana burned...
Edit: The problem stay if I use "Begins casting an ability"

Edit2: If I put "Starts the effect of an ability" works just when I manually click with the searing arrow.

Edit3: I don't know why, but when I manually uses the searing arrow, a yellow/dust missile goes to the target, and after that the searing arrow comes.

Level 8
Yeah there's a problem with that, because things like "finishes casting an ability" or "Begins casting an ability" won't detect searing arrows, which is an autocast spell.

So my workaround for this is to detect whether it is on or off, and store that in a boolean variable. Then you can do something like
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Level of (Searing Arrows) for (Attacking Unit) ) greater than or equal to 1
    • Whateverthebooleanvariableiscalled equal to true
  • Actions
    • Yadyeadeya
You'll need two triggers to set the boolean variable:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target
  • Conditions
    • (Orderstring of(Issued order) equal to "searingarrowson" ) (You might have to check the orderstrings in WE for this)
  • Actions
    • Set TheBooleanVariable = true
And to turn it off:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Orderstring of(Issued order) equal to "searingarrowsoff" ) (You might have to check the orderstrings in WE for this)
    • Actions
      • Set TheBooleanVariable = false
EDIT: Hang on, this topic is against the rules, aint it? You should've just bumped your other topic...

Level 9
Im not sure if this works, but make a trigger that checks every few seconds to see if the searing arrow is on
-if it is then give the user a hidden mod version of feed back
-if it isn't on just remove the feed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.