• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Semi-transparent matrix and shields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all,

I've already taken a look at the different topics here but couldn't find something relevant to me.
Does any of you know how to make matrix (like the one for the BattleCruiser from Stargraft II) that are semi-transparent? And for shields (like the one the naga has, but more than just a somehow blue dust)?

Thanks!

Level 5
I'm using Blender, are you talking about 3Ds?
Well, the thing is in the two of them, but I just can't find the blend button in Blender.

Level 5
When I try the map, it directly bugs.
I just created an IcoSphere in Blender, saved it as 3Ds, transformed it into a mdx model and imported it in Magos. Then, creating a new material, I changed the Alpha value to 0.5 and selected Blend in the Filter Mode.
Did I do anything wrong?

Level 49
Holy shit... I don't know what you did, but that thing actually crashed my Magos. Try using Oinkerwinkle's primitives for your sphere. Then try again. And you didn't do the 0.3 alpha and blend blending mode thing properly, the blending mode was 'transparent' and your alpha was 1. Try again, this time use the Material Editor. :p

Level 5
Strange, as I changed the Alpha and the Blend...
I already used Blender to do models, and they work in-game...

But I have a texture problem, I add the texture in Blender and in-game it uses a number of in-game textures like book-sheet, barrels... and I don't have my texture. Any link you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.