• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Shaman spells 1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Shamans wrath can be casted by several units in same time with no consequences....
It has new effect also xD
Natures guardian upgraded and added cooldown.
thats all for now.

Special thanks to Diehard@azeroth who showed me how to get rid of leaks xD

Keywords:
shaman,power,fire,storm,earth,nature,astral,purge
Contents

Elemental / Restoration 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
01:12, 3rd Jan 2010 TriggerHappy: Your spells leak, use waits and for the most part are not MUI.

M

01:12, 3rd Jan 2010
TriggerHappy:

Your spells leak, use waits and for the most part are not MUI.

Thank you diehard at azeroth , i have treid with call RemoveLocation( udg_"point" ) but then spells are not working properly ... its removing location or something... i got new idea how to use that function but what those leaks can do bad ? Make game lagging ... and how to make spells to be MUI should i put locations and other variables into hashtable or what ?

Level 10
as for using a hashtable, you can and the good thing with hashtables is you dont need to use variables, maybe except for spell values variables (i tried it myself). starting to sound like a dull progrmamer now... how about this mood now :)))))))) yea thats much better :p and berzerkr dont be so rough on him, his eye candy was good enough ^^

I have changed triggers of Thunder Storm and Shamans Wrath spell , can you tell me if now thunder storm is MUI spell ill do same thing to all other spells....
And i have tried to use

call DestroyGroup( udg_Group ) and
call DestroyGroup( udg_Grouo[indexnuber] )

But then triger cant be enabled .... in one time it needs gruop name but in other case it wants to see index im totaly confused....

Level 10
lets take this step by step, il fix your leaks first, indexing is a bit confusing, i never used indexing in my life because i used a special system of mine for unit ids which makes it easier, but its really a global system. anyways i dont suggest you use indexing, but a global hashtable, il teach you on how to use it after. Il fix leaks and give it to u ^^ il tell you what leaks are w hat and why in the triggers themselves. There are also other stuff to increase efficiency of spells but im just gonna remove leaks.

Thanks man, you are the guy im looking for all these days .. im wandering like headless fly in the world of triggers i want to know but i cant learn alone , or by looking at someone elses spells its all confusing me ... Thanks again ! here is my mail [email protected] , send me text document with map file , please dont use comments i hate them. xD

Level 10
i fixed the leaks... man you used periodic events with special effects, made meuse special techniques and u used waits, it was a bit hard to do so, but i hope you learn, its not in txt document, they are comments inside the triggers, look at them. i can help you understand them. i will give you link and you will download file ok: ( i cant use things other than comments because comments show you exact places of leaks etc...)
THIS IS THE LINK: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=1nyp8i

btw check out my fixed music system ) you may like it for yoour maps and itsreally easy to use ^^

Here fixed one trigger:

• Natures Guardian
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 20
      • (Life of (Attacked unit)) Less than or equal to ((Max life of (Attacked unit)) - (0.70 x (Max life of (Attacked unit))))
    • Actions
      • Set shaman = (Attacked unit)
      • Unit - Set life of shaman to ((Life of shaman) + (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for shaman))))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of shaman using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIre\AIreTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
See how short can it be by only using simple math formula? ;)

You still leak every point/sfx
Also remove "do nothing" actions, they just slow down the execution.
Still spells aren't MUI. And you can't learn it overnight. the easiest way to make spell MUI is "don't stop trying" once you figure it out, everything will seem so simple.

Level 10
man did you really learn from the comments i put? good )) thought it would be 2 hard for you, cus it was for me before/ ))

ok Shamans Wrath isnt MUI still, butknow that it takes some time bro, i really suggest you use something else, i technique i have and its still used in some JASS, PM me ) its much easier, but you may face alot of criticism frmo many people saying arrays are better. ) NVM... that technique is only used if people use something special in their map, i think u gotta stick to arrays so it can work with everyone ;P that technique il teach you it so you can use it for ur spells or systems in ur map if u want.

ok i checked a spell in your map, Efekti, its a periodic event, meaning it runs every w/e seconds, so it does that action every w/e seconds, meaning it creates the 4 locations of the votra, so you need to remove the locations in that trigger once you dont need them, because else the locations you stored at beginning are being leaked and new locations are overwriting it and leaking even more. Basically know that location variables dont just overwrite eachother like integer or so, same goes to unit groups, or sfx, you need to destroy/remove them after you dont need them ^^

to be honest, im really impressed you learned all of this in just a day, i would have never done that. amazing job ^^