• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Silly Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yum

Yum

Level 3
Today I drove my little sister to pre-school. When I arrived some lady with another child came screaming at me saying, "That child taught my daughter inappropriate language!" So when I inquired further I discovered the word my little sister taught the other girl was "Penis".

Apparently when the lady's daughter saw one for the first time in the bathroom (it's shared girl/boy at the pre-school) she asked what it was. My sister knowing the proper terminology, told her. After this all came to light I asked the lady what she thought it should be called, a fire-hose? Then she threw a really long temper-tantrum until I promised I'd set my little sister straight.

It just kinda made me think on how many silly taboos there are in society, especially around verbal language. Why can I say "I hate you" to someone and they may just pass it off without care, but god forbid if I say "fuck" or "shit" the world will suddenly collapse.

Thoughts? Pardon my crappy grammar/spelling ... it's late and I'm tired as fuck

Level 26
MySpaceBarBroke (Censored) said:
Profanity is f***ing stupid. If all the f***heads in the world actually let us f***ing say what we wanted to f***ing say, maybe the world wouldn't be so f***ed up. I mean, if you f***ing take action against the word f***, that would only intensify how f***ing offensive it is, wouldn't it? F***, if we accepted the p**** and v***** as just organs of the human body, we wouldn't have to deal with all this touchy s*** about the f***ers at the f***ing censorship places s***ing themselves over words and f***ing with our first f***ing amendment. F*** them. F*** them all. F*** profanity too. And communists.
This message has been censored by the FCC.

Level 34
Well, it's life, girl. It's life. Life is cruel and if you got problems or opinions please come to my Dr Divine thread, please. Thank you.
That's why I wrote this song (well wrote pasted :3) for you and the audiance:

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

Thank you thank you. Free donuts at the exit.

Yum

Yum

Level 3
Don't let my avatar deceive you. :wink:

Last edited:
Level 8
Divine, you're on a board that's basically made of computer geeks/other people with the right mental state to love Monty Python. Nice try, 5 years ago I would have believed you. =)

Level 26
Divine, you're on a board that's basically made of computer geeks/other people with the right mental state to love Monty Python. Nice try, 5 years ago I would have believed you. =)
I never even watched much from Monty Python before (minus half of the Holy Grail, which isn't really funny when you've heard references to all their jokes everywhere)

Level 8
Haven't seen Monty Python!? DIDN'T LAUGH AT MONTY PYTHON?!?!?!? WHAT KIND OF SELF RESPECTING GEEKS ARE YOU TWO? Although I agree with Myspace that most of the Holy Grail jokes have been killed.

Level 8
Oh no buddy. You got it WRONG. See, the geeks are the ones who are skilled fanatics. We get to laugh at the nerds.
Edit: Oh yeah, you also screwed up the joke DivineBoss and I had going. Foolish nerd.

Level 26
Geeks are more like the outcasts of society, while nerds can be considered fanatics of various things (star trek, dnd, the forum of a warcraft 3 modding site, etc.)

Level 35
Hmmmz....

MYSPACEBARBROKE, Had ONE WEAKNESS!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Attachments

• ONEWEAKNESS.jpg
    ONEWEAKNESS.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 104
Level 8
No idea where it originally came from, a friend of mine showed me the .gif. I've started watching it and not realized what I was doing for several minutes. If I find the creator, I will let you know.

Level 26
Nerd, as a stereotypical, archetypal and frequently derogatory designation, refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual or esoteric knowledge or pastimes rather than engaging in social life, such as participating in organized sports or other mainstream social activities. Merriam-Webster defines a nerd as an "unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person: especially: one slavishly devoted to intellectual or academic pursuits."[1] While nerd, dork, and geek share in passionate intellectual pursuits and social ineptitude, nerd has the added implication of being affable and amusing. A nerd is often excluded from physical activity, and is often considered a loner by peers.
The word geek is defined by Merriam-Webster dictionary as 1: a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat or snake 2: a person often of an intellectual bent who is disliked 3: an enthusiast or expert especially in a technological field or activity". The American Heritage Dictionary s 1976 edition included only the definition regarding geek shows.
Nerd = Geek w/ comic relief?

Level 8
The word geek is defined by Merriam-Webster dictionary as 1: a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat or snake
You don't find THAT comical?

Level 9
Today I drove my little sister to pre-school. When I arrived some lady with another child came screaming at me saying, "That child taught my daughter inappropriate language!" So when I inquired further I discovered the word my little sister taught the other girl was "Penis".

Apparently when the lady's daughter saw one for the first time in the bathroom (it's shared girl/boy at the pre-school) she asked what it was. My sister knowing the proper terminology, told her. After this all came to light I asked the lady what she thought it should be called, a fire-hose? Then she threw a really long temper-tantrum until I promised I'd set my little sister straight.

It just kinda made me think on how many silly taboos there are in society, especially around verbal language. Why can I say "I hate you" to someone and they may just pass it off without care, but god forbid if I say "fuck" or "shit" the world will suddenly collapse.

Thoughts? Pardon my crappy grammar/spelling ... it's late and I'm tired as fuck

It's the intent. If you say "I @#%^#@in' hate you!" even if it's just words, it's the verbal equiv. of a punch in the gut with brass knuckles. Just saying "I hate you!" is the same, minus the knuckles. Even though it's "just words" it still means something.

Also, side note. Driving you're little sister to preschool? To have a license and whatever you need to drive on your own, you need to be around, what, 17? So you'd be about 12 years older than your sister? That's insane.

Quirky, but not quite silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.