• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sim City To WC/SCII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How would you guys feel about a sim city game for warcraft or starcraft II? Farming games are on the rise, and are a big topic on the hive right now. (in fact its getting kind of annoying...)

I was thinking, why not a city? Like sim city 2000? Same premise as the real thing, start of as governer with a set amount of cash, and build it as best as you can with many constraints and variables. Its like a more complex version of farmville eh?

This would also require save/load codes, and thus each area of the map would have to be set into quadrants to determine where buildings are placed.

Anyway, whatta ya think of the idea? :con:

Level 11
wouldnt it be only singleplayer though? i havent played any other sim city since the 2000 one and i knew all i could do on that one was singleplayer :D hehe

Level 4
wouldnt it be only singleplayer though? i havent played any other sim city since the 2000 one and i knew all i could do on that one was singleplayer :D hehe

Limitations of anothers ideas and available technology should not set a person(s) back. Best way I can say it. But yes Sim City 2000 was single player. And I would suggest a sim city game for either warcraft or starcraft have both multi and single player

Level 11
Well then yes it would be amazing :D heck i thought the classic Wc3 map sim city wars was fun :D would there be all that management stuff just like in the original Sim Cities as well?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Personally I think it would be cool, but pretty much impossible to create in Wc3.
First of all how would you make the buildings develop, de-develop? How would the Light/Med/Heavy Commercial/Industrial/Residential region placing work? How would the advisers, budgets, disasters, etc work?
Just think about the above questions before you start making this map.
If you can solve even 50% of the above, Go ahead and make the map (I'll even help you if you need it.)

Level 4
Personally I think it would be cool, but pretty much impossible to create in Wc3.
First of all how would you make the buildings develop, de-develop? How would the Light/Med/Heavy Commercial/Industrial/Residential region placing work? How would the advisers, budgets, disasters, etc work?
Just think about the above questions before you start making this map.
If you can solve even 50% of the above, Go ahead and make the map (I'll even help you if you need it.)

I suppose your right, it would have to go onto starcraft II. Which is not a bad thing at all :)

However, realize that it is an idea, it does not mean I'm going to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.