• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simplet Edits to Official Campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
My question is simple: how can I make simple edits (such as increasing the supply cap to 300) for the original single-player campaigns?

I know you can easily access the individual maps that make up the campaign and edit them but I do not want to edit each map individually - furthermore I am not sure if the transition between those singular maps would be smooth.

I would not be bothered at all if the solution provided disables achievements (it probably must) or requires the creation of a separate but nearly identical campaign through some copy/paste mechanic - as long as I can make simple changes and play the campaign I will be happy.

Level 11
Well I just found out there is a no-supply cheat, hope that removes all the supply requirements. But I do want to make some other changes like the stats of some units. I don't want to do it across all 3 campaigns just some changes that will affect 1 campaign.

Surely there must be a way to do this :-?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The campaigns have been well play tested and calibrated such that there should be no need of such cheats on a full campaign level. I know of multiple people who have brutal played all campaign missions.

If you want to mess around with individual missions then do so. Where campaign data is loaded form banks you can replace it with perfect bank data.

Level 11
I don't want to do this because of a need to finish the campaign on brutal, I just want to mess around with things like shielded battlecruisers or bile-launching lurkers, maybe add a few different powers or even upgrades on the Leviathan to Kerrigan.

Level 11
Oh, yeah - a mod, that's what I am looking for. Would I be able to make a mod then add it into each campaign map and then play that campaign (or a copy of the campaign) as a whole (as in with all in-engine cinematics and in between mission changes such as upgrades etc.)?

If the answer is yes, could you point me to a tutorial or give me a few hints as to how to start doing that please?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Oh, yeah - a mod, that's what I am looking for. Would I be able to make a mod then add it into each campaign map and then play that campaign (or a copy of the campaign) as a whole (as in with all in-engine cinematics and in between mission changes such as upgrades etc.)?
Probably not. I would recommend playing each map separately.

The campaign linkage stuff between missions is mostly for BattleNet progress and can/should not really be modified. Both HotS and LotV allow one to select missions and bypass it completely after finishing the campaign and you can even select alternative upgrades that you might not have unlocked at that time. I am unsure if this gameplay change was back ported to WoL.

Level 11
Ok, well if that is not possible, could I make a mod and add it to all campaign maps (individually, map by map, should not take too long) and then link those maps in a custom campaign (as in when I win a map the next map will begin to play - no need for cutscenes or inter-map upgrades/choices)?

Also, I have discovered that each campaign has its own mod - would my own custom mods override that? Or how do multiple mods work together if at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.