• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spawning camp glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I ran into a problem with two spawn camps getting bound together. (or that's what it seemed like) I killed off two spawn camps on the way down in a forest, then when i went back up, the first one ran down to where i was, near the second one, which re spawned. Then I ran away. When i tried to engage the upper one, the lower ones (which were farther away than they should have run)
came up to attack, and then hit a point where they all turned invulnerable, and ran to their spawn position. This may be because you accidentally bound the re spawning creeps to the units in combat nearby. rather than units with spawn locations near their spawn location.

Unrelated: When I, as a hunter, start combat by telling my pet to use the taunt strike ability on an enemy, I get threat from all of the units in that camp. Also, only the target gets threat from the pet when it attacks. The other ones go attack me. I would request that you make it so that when that ability is cast, do something so that you are not in combat yet, and your pet is instead. It makes it harder to fight large groups.

Edit: Pet AI glitch: When the creeps run away and become invulnerable. your pet runs after them, and when they get to their spawn points, they reengage. Could you make the pet not follow them when they turn invulnerable?

Last edited:
Level 3
There's a trick to resetting them. Just let the ones you killed off respawn. Then pull it and run away and let it return to it's position. It'll reset all of the spawn camps to be vulnerable again.

Level 5
Yep, I can see that working, Also, i noticed in the version I have, 4-2-10 I think, There was a invulnerable wolf in the second forest. So that problem is still there.

The invuln problem is known and is fixed in the developers version of the map. The fix will come live when the new version comes out.

About the ranger pet issue: Well ... I think this is a matter of balancing. I believe that - when not rendering the ranger in combat - rangers get even more powerful in solo play than they are now. And I already consider them by far the strongest solo class of all.
If you don't like this answer, then see it from this point of view: If the pet only attacks one mob, why should the other mobs also engage it, instead of caring for the owner of the pet?
You are basicly requesting me to make the AI dumber than it is atm, which is very weird. :grin:

Level 3
I disagree. Rogue/Thief is the most powerful solo class. They can steal most of their equips and all of their skills from bosses, not to mention become pretty damn wealthy in the process.

Level 5
What I mean is, when you tell YOUR PET to attack the enemies, from out of their range, and then YOUR PET goes and attacks them. I would EXPECT that they would see the pet as the threat, rather than you, since you are not threatening them, YOUR PET is. That is common sense as I see it. its like, Say there are three people. Two of them friends, standing together. and the third one alone. The first one punches the third one, and the way I hear you saying it(not necessarily what you meant). The third one would attack the second one. That does not make sense, If someone attacks you, would you attack them, or the person next to them?

Edit:

Balance you say? OK, I see why that would be a problem. In that case, I would say, it would only add 1 point of threat to each engaging target to the pet, so any damage you do to attack them, will result in them attacking you. I just want it to act as if your pet engaged combat, not you.

Balance you say? OK, I see why that would be a problem. In that case, I would say, it would only add 1 point of threat to each engaging target to the pet, so any damage you do to attack them, will result in them attacking you. I just want it to act as if your pet engaged combat, not you.
I think I can do that. Hm, okay ... why not?

Level 5
Thanks, And I think this is the best designed RPG I have seen so far.
- Threat system makes fighting require strategy rather than mindless spamage
- Inventory system, using 3 heroes, Awesome.
- Well designed world (Solo for most possible, but bosses and dungeons require multiplayer)
- Creator is willing accept feedback and improve the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.