• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Starcraft map-making community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hiya!

So, I pulled my Starcraft and Brood Wars out of old dusty box just a while ago, and started to wonder....
Is there any site or sites dedicated to Starcraft map-editing, like Hive?

I tried to google something, buut didn't find anything good yet. Still looking, and thought about asking here :)

Thanks for any replies!

Level 9
Yupe, there is.

http://campaigncreations.org/

That's currently the biggest still working community(duo to samods being deserted). It's home of the greatest starcraft mods and campaigns, including Legacy of the Confederation, Vision of the Future, The Gallantry, Fall from Grace, Armageddon Onslaught, Life of a Marine and many many more. Some of the campaigns there even have their own prerendered 3D cinematics. It's also home of one of the best warcraft 3 campaigns - Wanderers of Sorceria.

Level 3
Why would you want to play SC custom maps. The WE is awful...

I think I understand your point, but it just doesn't make any sense at all, so I'll ignore you.

Anyway, I found out really good site that has huge ammount of custom maps and apparently very large community, site is www.starcraft.org.

Currently though, it's down and wont be up in weeks :(

And thanks Martin Barbov for the campaigncreations site!

Level 9
So what???

Sc has many great maps even with it's "awful editor". I doubt you can name a 1997/8 game with an editor as good as the Sc's.

Offtopic: The best game mods are based upon games with much harder to use editors(or no editors at all). It's not about the software but about the modder. The world editor(with it's easyness) just allowed thousands of sucky maps to flood the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.