• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Starting script error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
how do i find the right row in the start script so that i can delete it (have more than 12000 lines). i got this problem that qa error sign is showing up wen i save my map( the normal sighn telling wen its something wrong in the script) an to find this lines is near impossible, 1, how do i find like line 11703, and 2, wen i find it shuld i delete it then? or can this cause the map to break down?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Lines like 1 and so on NEVER error unless your using enhanced editors like WEU which is is then your fault.

You will probably find it is the normal WE's stupid syntax checker messing up, check your jass you wrote for errors since it often returns 1000s of errors on "impossiable" lines even though it is one error in your script you wrote / imported. Post the errors you get (all of them) if you still have trouble, I will then analise the correct fault.

Remember that WE often returns the line below where the error lies so check the lines above the lines that error in your custom jass script.

1) Copy and paste it to Word, set its size to like 1 (so it doesn't take up multiple lines)
2) Click on the little circle thingy on the Bottom-right near the scrollbars, and click Go To
3) Click "Line Number" and then enter the script error line number
4) Press Go To and look around there for the problem. Of course, you'll need to zoom in a little :)

Status
Not open for further replies.