• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Storyline] - OFFICIAL SOTP HISTORY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
YES! IT IS HERE! FINALLY FINISHED!!!

Well... Not quite yet :hohum: But I'm working on it! Like, literally wracking my brains out writing it! All I can say is: IT'S EPIC! By size (over 10 pages in word with font 11 so far, and I'm still halfway there, lol) as well as the actual storyline!

I haven't been active at all lately and I've just now read -Kobas-'s "Story"
post. My reaction::vw_wtf::vw_unimpressed::vw_sad::vw_sleep::vw_death:
But anyways, we talked it over (actually, I was begging him to change his mind) and he agreed to let me write MY OWN version of the story but without changing the basic essence of it. And I did (or rather, still am).

Back to the point. *MY* version is more of a background as to what and how everything started up to the very start of the game. And I do mean EVERYTHING! Ever read the official recap of Warcraft storyline? That's how I wrote it! With chapters and all. Explaining it down to the very beginning of life on the planet! Trying to use that "old and wise" English, with NO slang whatsoever! (which is a new milestone for me, I have to admit)

Now, the approximate release date! Hmm... Don't take my word for it, buuuuuuut.... I guess it should be done by the end of the week at the earliest; end of next week the latest. It will be published here, on this post.

What's really important is - YOUR OPINIONS! Yes. Because after all, the point is to make YOU guys like it and keep coming back for more! And in order to accomplish that, I need YOUR feedback. Starting now! Go! Comment! Tell me what you expect after reading all this.
Suggestions are always welcome! You agree with me? Disagree? Wanna facebookfriend me? Tweet me? Adultsexfind me? Start a bloodhunt on me?! COMMENT!!!

:cool:

Level 3
So you agree with the idea? The whole background story and all? Think you'll be able to read it all the way through?

I'm warning you, it's pretty big and thick! It might not fit inside of you
. . .r head. And it might hurt a lot . . . reading it. I just hope it's not your first time . . . reading something of this size.

Level 3
Thanks for the support guys!

A small update about the story: It took a rather dramatic turn! It's filled with betrayal, wars, sacrifice, and deep, dark evil, lurking in the Shadows! :eek:

But don't blame me for it. Blame the story! I swear, it practically writes by itself! It's as if it's... ALIVE!!! *chichichi papapa ...
chichichi papapa* ("Friday the 13th" soundtrack)

Level 3
]Okay so, -Kobas- published the first *NON-PROOFED* half of the story, as some of you might have noticed. Font is terrible and centered text alignment makes me wanna vomit. I told him to fix it, but he don't give a crap. If you can ignore that, I really recommend that you read it 'cause it will give you insight into the main in-game plot, as well as all the history behind it.

PART 2 is still in the works. This time, I can't give you any specific release date. There are several reasons for that:

1) I'm sick. I got a terrible cold, my nose is plugged and my head feels like someone is hammering it with a mace.
2) College. 'Nuff said.
3) The most important reason of all - SKYRIM

So there. I really do hope you read PART 1 and, as always, GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS; criticism is always welcomed so don't be shy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
I don't know if anyone will bother to read this, but I'll post it anyway. This is my thread and the SotP history is my responsibility, damn it!

So, here's the deal - the longer I spend writing the second part of the story, the more I get absorbed by it to the point that currently, it is already as big as the first part without nearly being finished. New characters were born with their stories getting intertwined and giving birth to a completely new development.

However, have no fear! I know what I'm doing and I have already discussed the general storyline and ending with -Kobas-, so I am in control of the direction it is heading. This week I made giant progress with it, and -Kobas- is anxious to read what I wrote so far.

The problem is, just like the first time, he will publish it without my permission. That's why I came to an idea to divide the story in THREE parts! That's right! Also, speaking of progress, -Kobas and I are in the making of the world map with chronological events in each of the FOUR eras.

I guess that's it. Expect the second part of the SotP history real soon!

Level 3
IT IS OUT!!! YES!! FINALLY!! WOOOOOO!!! THE SECOND PART!!! GO READ IT NOW!!!

Okay, seriously now. I know that probably no one has read it till the end, but just in case anyone has, I advice that person to read it again from the start; don't just skip to part 2. I made some slight modifications to the first part, that I think are important.

That's it. Enjoy!

Oh, I almost forgot. If anyone notices spelling errors, typos or any other kind of fudgeup, list it here and I'll correct it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.