• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Strategy AI Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Warlock is something else.
In warlock, you are a mage that can cast spells and stuff.
In the fireball game, you play as a peasant? and there are just randomly coming fireballs into the field that kill you instantly.
It is in one of those mini-game mashups.

Level 23
Warlock is something else.
In warlock, you are a mage that can cast spells and stuff.
In the fireball game, you play as a peasant? and there are just randomly coming fireballs into the field that kill you instantly.
It is in one of those mini-game mashups.

Ahh, I thought you were first referring to Warlock because the basic spell is a Fire Ball. Anyway, any arena map will do.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
And, if that's the problem, then make the time alloted longer.
By rule of thumb, allotting more time doesn't mean people will work longer on their entries. It effectively means they will either have to sit around and wait out the disturbingly long contest elapse, or hold off working on their entry until later. I don't know about you guys, but I'd call that a pretty clear lose/neutral situation.

Level 24
That is true, so I would like to suggest that the AI contest will be building up the big AI piece by piece.
For example, it is not really hard to design an AI for the fireball game, but while making it, you do get to see a lot of stuff that you will be using later on for more advanced AIs.

Level 24
Could be...
Afaik, LoL is pretty hard to script in source, but that doesn't matter.

What I am talking about is scripting something piece by piece rather than one big thing all at once... especially because noone here does AI because he is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.