• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your suggestions here about my gnoll race found in this map. All suggestions will help me perfect the race for my Gnoll Campaign.

Version 1.6
-Fixed various Gnoll model problems.
-Increased price of Gnoll Brawlers from 135G to 160G.
-Increased price of Gnoll Stalkers from 125G & 30L to 140G & 30L.
-Increased mana cost of Gnoll Geomancer's Summon Rock Golem from 50 to 200. (Note: each Geomancer may now only have 1 rock golem summoned at a time.)
-Weakened the Gnoll Overseer's Command Aura.
-Fixed bug with Gnoll Poacher's Sleeping Gas ability causing enemy to speed up.
-Implemented the Gnoll Warhawk Rider model.

Level 6
Race review:
Buildings:in my opinion the rockbreaker shouldn't be trained from the forge,but from an unique building, such as the tauren totem for orcs.Also it sucks that the tower cannot fire if you dont garrison units inside.
Units:rockbreaker is way too imba if you ask me, because he is the siege unit and the race main heavy unit.Also his build time is too short.
the berserker is, at first sight weaker than the rockbreaker,but he has some phoenix egg ability that makes him quite undying,and his phoenix form takes 2 food instead of 4. you should precise that in his description/tooltip.The outrunner unit is useless for two reasons:he is way weaker than the rockbreaker and he takes 4 food.
The race needs also another air unit, because only one is not enough.(every race has at least 2 air units).Now lets talk about the warhawk rider:he takes 2 food,which is too low.And the overseer has the same ability than him.

Level 6
The animal senses should be limited to a couple of units instead of all the race.
Heroes:poacher:the spells really fit together,But all of them have errors:Barbed nets:shows as ensnare when learned,takes no mana,Poison arrows,looks like fire arrows, takes no mana,vanish makes the hero faster instead of slower(as said in description), and you don't mention that sleeping gas slows.
more to come...

Thanks for feed back, I always miss something when fixing errors and balancing. Will try to work on the points you mentioned.
Berserker- Eventually the Berserker will be removed completely since he is only a placeholder ultimate unit.
Savage Tower- The garrisoning of the Savage Tower was designed to balance out the fact that it has a Barrage effect.
Animal Senses- Animal Senses is balanced with an extremely short detection range.
Gnoll Outrunner-The Outrunner's role is meant to be a hit-&-run tower buster. With 4 of them you should be able to run in and destroy atleast 2 towers thereby clearing defenses as the rest of your army moves in.

Level 1
Since the Fire Pit is essentially a Healing Ward, I suggest you base it off the Healing Ward ability, because that allows you to place the Fire Pit in an exact location, making the ability much easier to use. It's pretty hard to use the ability, because if you wanted to put the fire in the middle of your army, the Warden would have to be right there. Also, the Poison Arrow ability doesn't drain mana, contradicting the tooltip. The range of the ability is also 100 more than the range of the Poacher. I'm not sure if that causes any bugs, but I think the range should be the same. The Maggot ability is quite underpowered, the Maggots die very easily to ranged units, because of their low health and low speed. Against the three Pandaren Elementals (Another Ultimate), all the Maggots died and barely dented any of the pandas. I suggest increasing their health, speed and damage.

Level 1
A bit of cosmetic suggestions:
The Gnoll heroes should all be larger, they look a bit too small when compared with other heroes.
The shadow of Rockbreakers (Melee and Detonate form) should be smaller, it looks like the shadow of a much larger unit.
The Hotkey for Grenade is not "G", that makes it a bit hard to raid efficiently.
The "Tooltip-Learn" for Ensnare for level 2 states that the unit is entangled for 0 seconds. The regular tooltips for levels 2 and 3 also claim that the duration is 0 seconds.
The Feral Spirit's "Tooltip-Learn" says "Summons 2 Spirit Wolves to fight the Farseer's enemies."

Status
Not open for further replies.