• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

System Contest! ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, I've never seen one of theyse before, so I thought I'd go ahead.

The object of this contest would be create a system that allows map-makers to create there map more effectively and faster. An example would be vexorians caster system or kattana's handle vars. Though, there are many other possibilities.

Rules:

1: The system must have user-input in some way. IE: If you make an inventory system, there better be a way to add items to it :p.

2: The system cant be over-complicated for the user.

3: Cannot be a system already made, but it can include handle vars or vex's caster system.

4: Can be in GUI or JASS, but over leaking variables disqualifies you.

5: The system must be innovative! Dont make a system that's already out there.

6: The system must have documentation of how to use it.

Innovation: 20/100 points. Speaks for itself :p.

Usefulness: 20/100 points. How useful it is, if some random map maker is using it in his map, 20 points!

Input Difficulty: 20/100 points. The easier to input things, the higher the score.

Allowed Input: 20/100 points. How much does user input change?

Abilities: 20/100 points. How much can you system do? How much input does it.

Additionaly, user votes can add 5 points / user.

And the rewards? That's up for grabs by the admins :p.

Level 3
I dont see why people see the world system and suddenly think it needs to be complicated. Really, there are many great useful systems out there that are tiny.

So, let me clerify; A system is something a user can control to make a task or several tasks easier in some way. This would be a technical system as the definition above:

JASS:
function SnapCreate takes unit u, real x, real y returns unit
 return CreateUnit(Player(0), 'hpea', x, y, 90.00)
endfunction

Technicaly this is a system to make units faster. It wouldent score high at all, but by my definition of a system, this would qualify entry. No need to think big :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.