• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terrain poll!

The most interesting one is...?

• Ashenvale/Barrens battleground crossover

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Icecrown

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Ashenvale/Felwood mix

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm kind of working on an AoS/hero arena map, and I'm trying to put the emphasis on terrains and eye candy. So this is pretty much a simple poll, which one seems the best/most interesting? I'm really indecisive which one to pick from the following:

-Ashenvale/barrens battleground crossover (would be something like the Warsong Gulch battleground in WoW. The bottom half of the map is plain old rocky barrens, and the upper half is a lush ashenvale forest. The barrens part would have various horde structures, for example, abandoned and destroyed Orc Watch Towers and Catapults, and the ashenvale part would also consist of something like this, in a night elf version. They'd be unclickable though, and only serve as decoration.)

-Icecrown, lots of snow, ice, glaciers, etc.

-Ashenvale/felwood (mostly ashenvale terrains, with some felwood tiles and doodads, predominantly ashenvale though)

Level 2
I think Icecrown has limited doodads..but certainly, creativity should make up for that, for it's an AoS map..i'll vote for ashenvale/felwood mix..good luck

Level 12
Ashenvale \ Barrens is old and not yours idea...

If I've never seen it before, I call it my idea.

why not have all ashenvale and one side would be thick forest of trees that grow in thickly treed areas and the other one would be a lot brighter with lots of clearings in the non-unit combat areas and using pines, cityscape trees/lordaeron summer/both

That's not a bad idea at all. I'll mix up some examples and see what I can do.

Hm, if anyone has any other ideas for the terrain, I'd appreciate it if you brought it up.

Level 9
There's not much maps set in Outland, I'd say, and you can do quite a lot if you know how to. TFT BE campaign can provide some ideas for terrains. Lordaeron winter is nice, not dark Icecrown permafrost but this light feeling of bright snow. You can make your own set (like I did - somewhat like a winter in Ashnvale: sample here [my map, sorry for ad...] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/abandoned-temple-136522/?prev=status=p&u=Lexandritte)

Import brings forth unnumerable possibilities. Maybe you can do something in D3W dungeon style, that'd be nice.

Level 9
How about Ashenvale+Shunken Ruins?

AshvlSnkRns2.PNG

AshvlSnkRns7.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.