• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

(Terrain Request) Life of a Dinosaur map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I've been working on a map I call "Life of a Dinosaur" for a little while now. It is nearly complete, and is already playable and fairly bug free. Remaining on completion is more playtesting and bug hunting, as well as Terrain.

I am not so good at terrain, so I am looking for someone with the time available to make terrain for the map. There are three types of terrain required.
The "main" one is a 150x150 area for playing the game. The next area is a 50x50 area that is supposed to look like an urban area. The final area is a section of space 50x88.

Gameplay is somewhat like a survival game. You have a dinosaur, chosen at the start of the game. There are several types with different sizes, differentiated between carnivore and Herbivore. Herbivores don't have any standard attack. You play your dinosaur, creating offspring and surviving as long as you can. When you die you are capable of taking over your offspring and continuing to play. This continues until the default score is achieved, or the custom score as set by the red player.

There is a hidden game mode where the Troodon dinosaur can become civilized. It is that aspect that is why space and the urban area is needed.

The 150x150 map is setup into 25 regions, although I would prefer there not being any clear boundaries between the zones. The NPC dinosaurs are commanded randomly to migrate between the regions on random paths. I would like probable routes of migration to exist, I would like those areas to have the occasional choke point. I would also like there to be "dead end canyons" that herbivores can be chased into, as well as small paths that smaller dinosaurs can use to evade larger dinosaurs. I also want the occasional large clearing for civilized Troodons to have room to establish cities.

I'm looking for terrain with a bit of quality, that channels dinosaurs in certain predictable corridors without seeming to be doing it, and most importantly, something worth exploring for its own sake.

If you are interested, please let me know. Thank you!

Last edited:
Level 5
Bump

I'm bumping to express that I am still seeking someone to do terrain for this map. If you want more details you can find me in Hive chat. Right now my terrain consists of sunken temple dark grass with a bunch of ruins tree wall lines running through it, and the odd blizzard cliff to break up the monotony. The terrain I am capable of just isn't the quality that I want. The map's hidden game mode is nearly finished (it was finished yesterday before my World Editor crashed. it'll be finished by the end of the day today again) and balancing and fixing bugs that might crop up is really all that remains. I will not do mass public testing without having something pretty for the player to explore. This means all my testing is limited to hivers, which greatly decreases my ability to do balancing and bugfinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.