• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining done, rest not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
To anyone within the workshop, id be glad to receive some help.

First off, though i finished the terrain (no doodads), it still needs work. im doing what i can, so i can complete my scenario campaign.

Second, i need help triggering my spells, but have little exp with WE :goblin_cry: can u help me trig the following:

1. Healing Aura-- grants life bonus and life regeneration (%) to nearby friendlies
  2. Call of the Basilisk-- summons mighty Basilisk to attack, skills improve by level
  3. Xavier's Righteous Heart-- 25% chance to release healing wave on friendlies, chain lightning damage to enemies
  4. Chain Mana Burn-- damages based on mana damage to nearby foes
  5. Spell Disruptor Ward-- spellcasters take damage when they cast spells
  6. Arcane Gift-- Restores mana based on damage taken

Also, what models would u suggest for these creatures i made for my custom faction, "The Ving Horde"

Ving Servant
Ving slave unit, forced into eternal servitude to the Ving Horde. Can summon structures, repair damaged units and gather gold and lumber. Ving Servants can be learn the Essence of the Void ability, which forever transform the unit into a Possessed One, a powerful and deadly melee attacker.

--Ving Servant Stats:
Hitpoints: 540
Armor: 0
Abilities: Harvest, Decommission structure, Repair, Essence of the Void (research)
Upgrades: Improve Materia (Increases structure refund amount by 75%)

--Possessed One Stats:
Hitpoints: 695
Armor: 3
Abilities: Fetish Force (grants it a 20% life steal attack), Unstable Demonic Inferno (burns nearby enemy units for 15 damage per second. Deals 10 damage per second to itself), Eternal Sunder (explodes when killed, dealing 200 damage to nearby units)
Upgrades: None

Ving Fallen
Melee fighter born devoid of peace or mercy, serving as the main grunts of the Ving army. Has Blood Fever, granting it a 15% chance to inflict an agonizing Blood disease, causing the infected unit to deal less damage. Can learn Feast ability.

--Ving Fallen Stats:
Hitpoints: 990
Armor: 2
Abilities: Blood Fever (attacked unit deals 30% less damage for 8 seconds), Feast (Devours a corpse to quickly replenish its life)
Upgrades: Viilime Digestion (increases movement speed by 60%), Grii Metabolism (Increases attack speed by 40%), Ving Endurance (Increases hit points by 25%), Torc Joint Hides (Improves defense), Torc Talons (Improves attack strength)

Ving Stalker
Long-range acid-spewing beast. Acidic attacks deal damage over time and have a 10% chance to slow enemy units movement speed. Bred to show no mercy, the Stalker prefers to kill its prey from a distance. Can learn to carry its young within its hollowed carapace, release them when killed.

--Ving Stalker Stats:
Hitpoints: 870
Armor 2
Abilities: Sporeling Acid ( grants a 10% chance to slow enemy units movement speed by 15% for 6 seconds), Bloodmaggot Dwellings (when killed, 2 Bloodmaggots spawn from its host and attack enemies, which spawn 2 more Bloodmaggots when killed. This process repeats 4 times)
Upgrades: Gorgon’s Sight (Increases range by 150), Ving Endurance (increases hit points by 25%), Torc Joint Hides (Improves defense), Trojan Strength (Improves ranged attack), Power of Void (changes attack type to chaos)

Ving Hybrid
Heavy assault unit, capable of inflicting terrible damage. Standing in its presence is certainly unsettling. Friendly units with a 600 range receive 15% increased damage and +5 armor, while enemies receive -4 armor penalty. Attacks deal a small AoE damage to nearby foes.

Thanx

Level 22
2 - I don't see the problem here. Just create a custom spell based on Summon Bear, or some spell like that.
3 - Create a custom spell based on the Lightning Orb's ability (Item Lightning Damage I believe). Just change the effect ability.
4 - Here is a tuturial. He's actually using chain mana burn as an example: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ls-279/how-make-chain-spell-gui-version-7015/
5 - Sounds a lot like the Faerie Dragon's standard spell. Check it out.

I'll think about number 1 and 6. They are a bit harder than the rest (if not impossible, like the max life bonus for each unit).

Level 15
Code:
Healing Aura-- grants life bonus and life regeneration (%) to nearby friendlies
Call of the Basilisk-- summons mighty Basilisk to attack, skills improve by level
Xavier's Righteous Heart-- 25% chance to release healing wave on friendlies, chain lightning damage to enemies
Chain Mana Burn-- damages based on mana damage to nearby foes
Spell Disruptor Ward-- spellcasters take damage when they cast spells
Arcane Gift-- Restores mana based on damage taken

well here is a pretty detailed explanation of what you have to do for these spells

Healing Aura - use unholly aura with a specific buff then make a periodic trigger that if they that buff give them the 'item life bonus ability" with the levels you need.

Call of the Baisisk - Have your Ability bassed of summon water elemental
and make a unit calls basillisk and copy and past it for each level and give each one the abilitys you want

Xavier's Righteous Heart - 25% chance on what getting attacked,attacking or casting a spell. what ever it is create a dummy unit to cast a healing wave on a nearby ally and a chainlighting on an enermy

Chain Mana Burn - you going to have to trigger the whole spell with a dummy unit useing mana burn on each unit it bounces to

Spell Disruptor Ward - bass the spell off serpant ward but make the unit spawned your ward and give it the mana flare ability and when created trigger it to cast mana flare

Arcane Gift - you will have to get a damage detection system and detect the damage taken then give the mana that is damaged to the owner of the ability

Last edited:
Level 29
"Call of the Basilisk-- summons mighty Basilisk to attack, skills improve by level"

this is best using 'summon ability' and it would be better if you put it in the heroe's ultimate ability like doom & avatar...

"Arcane Gift-- Restores mana based on damage taken"

you can do some sort of like this...this is only a pattern, if the level of the ability goes up then the mana will go up like 15/30/45...

• Events
    • Unit - A unit is attacked
  • Condition
    • Unit - Attacked unit equal to YOUR HERO
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add (15 MANA) to YOUR HERO

Level 29
He wants to RESTORES MANA BASED ON DAMAGE TAKEN, not a formula, it's logic

I see...well, this will do the trick...see map also...

• Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Trigger - Add to Mana Restored <gen> the event (Unit - (Attacked unit) Takes damage)
  • Mana Restored
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Attacked unit) to ((Mana of (Attacked unit)) + (Damage taken))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) above (Attacked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 120.00 towards 120.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.