• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Texturing Contest #24 Theme Poll

Which one of these themes is worth giving a shot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The following themes have been all tied up, shaved from excesses like duplicates and served as a dish:

Steampunk - is a subgenre of science fiction and sometimes fantasy that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.

Pirates(or Hive mods if you prefer that) - a pirate is a person who commits warlike acts at sea without the authorization of any nation. Yarrr m8!

High Quality Models - texturing models like Kwaliti's Deathwing or Tauer's Durotan. As long as it's creative enough it goes like a glove.

Dragons - texturing any models(in-game or site ones) into a dragon themed skin.

Bandits and outcasts - self explained persons hell bent on causing misery and stealing goods/whatnot form folks.

Environmentally adapted units - essentially, one would retexture a unit to fit into a specific environment (e.g. arctic, desert, forest etc) while still retaining defining aspects such as race and role. For example, fur-clad grunt (arctic), elephant-magnataur (savannah or whatevs), camouflaged footman (forest), you name it.

Warcraft Lore Characters - pretty self-explanatory. Retexturing a unit/hero to represent a character from the Warcraft franchise.

Diablo themed - everything from the franchise goes. Even an Azmodan or Deckard Cain.

Gods - fit a skin to create one of the gods from the Warcraft universe or any other universe found in games.

Alien/Sci-Fi - could be anything from the deepest oozes of space to the lightest canopy creatures just as long as it looks otherworldly.

Elemental - creatures of nature/space/universe that have the sole purpose of keeping the original chaotic nature of things.

Dark Elves/Drow - related to the night and much more elven like spider theme robes(you name it we make it).

Summoned units - not just like editing elementals, but also changing units' texture like Footmen into something that looks like it was summoned.

Mechanical Contraptions - anything goes just as long as it's a stitched up construction or unit that has the word metal/robotic in it.

Burning Legion themed - the Legion needs more races. So, anything from an Eredar to the lowliest imp/jailer-like race goes. Even mechs that resemble infernals are allowed.

Eldritch/Underwater - weird/eerie creatures coped up with underwater inhabitants. Just think of Cthulhu Mythos mostly. Old Gods(wc universe) go as well into this category.

Dual-race Creatures - contestants would be required to re-texture a ladder model so that it represents a combination of two races. Such unit, for an example, could be a half orc and half ogre - like Rexxar.

Undead/Death Knights - "Undeadify" any living unit to an undead creature/soldier. It can include Death Knights and Liches. No necromancers though since those can be included in the Dark Entities previous theme.

Theme Discussion

Read carefully each of those and vote accordingly. Troublesome themes have been excluded from here as to avoid uproar and whatnot in regards to the possible competitors.
Be warned, this is a multiple choice poll which means that you're able to select more than one theme. However that doesn't mean that you have to go overboard and vote all options.

I'll see you all next Monday when the poll concludes. With that said, I wish you all a very good day~

Last edited:
God dammit heinvers stop making lines that are 2x longer than my screen >.< not everyone is with a widescreen you know... :D

Actually I don't think diablo is that good a theme, everyone will go for one of the prime evils or something...
Voted for some other neato themes :)
Let the best theme win!

P.S. why did you exclude Egyptian? xD

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

voted for pirates.
(and i think hive lacks pirates resources, so..) yarrrr!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This is a public vote, therefore public means open for voting to everyone.
Alright... Just wanted to make sure. Like I said, even though I love to vote on these things to sway the direction of them, I have no intention/ability to join, so I understand if some people wouldn't like what I do...

Heinvers said:
No need to worry yourselves about voting, troublesome/boredooming themes have been excluded beforehand :)
Yeah, uh-huh. :| I'll leave that conversation for the previous thread.

Roland

R

Roland

Poll so soon!
~Voting for some things....

HQ models are really good for a mapmaker (such as me for example). They prove good for bossfights, thus voting for it.

Seconded & Voted HQ Models.

Level 25
Legion is coming and it fucking sucks ass, as does every WoW expansion since WotLK.
Diablo or Warcraft Demons are pretty much the same though, except that Diablo offers something other than demons. I'd prefer Diablo from the two.

Diablo demons are more demonic, like real demons compared to Warcraft's demons which are lighter and feeling more like aliens(and even have protoss-like technology!).

Level 25
Correction. Diablo theme should win. Reason?

liming.jpg

Well, we have a few choices...
1. Open a new poll with only these two themes. (public vote, meh)
2. Let the participants decide (say which theme you prefer and in which theme you will participate)
3. Make a compromise (mix the two themes into one - demons)
4. Choose diablo, because it's better xD (jk)

Personally I really think diablo is the better theme, since it gives more freedom and creativity and is kinda unique, whereas in "burning legion" you are forced to make demons, which I see as restricting. If I hadn't wasted my votes on other themes, I would've definately voted for diablo.

Greetings once more ladies and gentleman.

Thank you all for your patience and attention so far.
The voters that have expressed their choice has surprised me quite a lot. Much appreciated by the way :)

The winning theme is Diablo(the game, not the spanish meaning).

The contest will start as soon as it is humanely possible.

Thank you all once again~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.