• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"The Flying Dolphin" (ship)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Avast ye swabs, aboard the Flying Dolphin! We set sail for Kalimdor!

Screenshot 1: Land ho!
Screenshot 2: I can't see where we're going, cap'n!
Screenshot 3: The flying dolphin... flying...
Screenshot 4: Ship frame

Attachments

• Landho!.jpg
    Landho!.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 238
  • icantseewhereweregoincapn.jpg
    icantseewhereweregoincapn.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 235
  • FlyingDutchman.jpg
    FlyingDutchman.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Shipframe.jpg
    Shipframe.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
UTM 3.0 uses that doodad pack.
Anyway, I like the ship, I especially like the dolphin.
One strange thing is that the deck is a bit too clean.

Aside from that it's awesome. Remember to tell me if you see my missing fleet during your voyage will ya? ^^

Level 8
I'd like you to post some evidence to prove that statement. I don't see any other ships, except Bob's ship, which isn't bad but isn't really amazing either.
Have a look at Shipwrecked and Joe's Quest Gold. I can't remember how they did the ship in ordinary Shipwrecked, but at least Med. Map Guy's version of SW #1 had a better looking ship. The ship in the Joe's Quest interlude is the best ship ever made in wc3, and it's fully playable.

Level 36
Post a screenshot, I don't want to download it. If I wanted to convert the stairs and deck to destructibles, and put in pathing blockers, my ship would be playable. Frankly, playable doesn't mean jack as far as I'm concerned.
To get off this subject, this thread is about *this* ship not some other guy's ship.

Level 36
I'm sorry, but are you retarded or something? My ship is curved, like a real ship, at the bottom and has the front of an actual ship. The one you linked is square. Have you ever seen a square ship? I doubt it... because it would sink.
And how is the bottom not made of wood? It's the exact same thing as the rest of the ship... wood...

Edit: No more spamming my thread. This is a terrain not a flame war.

Level 8
I'm sorry, but are you retarded or something? My ship is curved, like a real ship, at the bottom and has the front of an actual ship. The one you linked is square. Have you ever seen a square ship? I doubt it... because it would sink.
And how is the bottom not made of wood? It's the exact same thing as the rest of the ship... wood...

Edit: No more spamming my thread. This is a terrain not a flame war.
Do you have a problem with me Void? All I'm saying is that it looks better on the pictures posted. As I've said before, realism is overrated.
And er, when did I flame you? When did I spam? I answered you.

And osiriz, I'm being harsh because I'm lonely. Is that good enough answer for you? I'm not sure I understood that last part, but far as I'm concerned I'm entitled to my opinion, and people post their terrain here because they want peoples opinion. And I do terrain, as a mather of fact, I've just never bothered putting anything up here.

Ed: I do prefer yours over Bob's tho, Void.

Status
Not open for further replies.