• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

Can I ask where you got the name "Archanor" from?
Because long before this was made another RPG's organization calls itself "Archanor", i hope your not ripping them as the name was made from scratch...

Level 4
Well just think about Last Names. Back in the 1500s (or whenever Last Naming begun), one person in England may have chosen the last name... Smith, and another in Asia chosen the same.

Many a scientist and phychologist have studied this, and some believe the human phychee is connected all around the world. This means someone living in one place may think up the exact same thing at the exact same time of another person living in a place far, far away.

Do I think this is what happened? No. I think the Human phychee theory is a bunch of bullsh*t. I don't, however, believe the LoA Project Team ripped another name. Why would they at all? If you're making a game, you *want* it to be unique; you want it to have the Label YOU thought up as it's name.

That doesn't answer the question, but until they have time to answer you, this is all you get! :D :D :D

Level 1
They are really going to tell me if they ripped it..

It just seems strange that this is a medieval style rpg that uses archanor, but another medieval style rpg has an organization which uses archanor which is older..

Level 5
ok about this to end it, we have been working on this over a year, maby it is us u saw.. :)

Otherwise i gonna tell you how i made this name up.
(dunno if i ever told the other in the team how i made it :))

i made this name from scatch using diffrent languages, mostly tolkiens elven and latin.. thogh also other langueages.

ok to sort it out.

Lands of Archanor

- Lands = gets itself
- of = Hmm dunno exatch what this mean :roll: :wink:
- Archnor = See Below

--------------------

Arch = pure, from that Arch angel is made (Archo or Arco cant remember*)

nor = world, elven langueage (nora)

------------------

but it can also mean somthing else

Archa = Mistiry / Legends ( Arcani** )

nor = world, elven langueage (nora)

--------------------

i actually though of making a new langueage for LoA, but so far i havent made anymore than the basic gramma, and it mostly uses the elven tolkien langueage, and latin..

* cant remember were i got this from, thinks its latin but not shure, else it elven, but im allmost shure its latin.

** Elven langueage, thoug not shure..

----------------------
Correct me if im wrong
----------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.