• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Template / Terrain] Thransaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3

Thransaria 2.5
My very first Template map
This template is now on it's final stage:nemor: (Very cool emoticon.)

I used the default Barrens tileset for this map:ogre_haosis:.
I didn't use custom models for the map because I want to give it a classic Wacraft 3 map feeling.

Updated!
*Islands are now bigger.
*A hero that can roam around the map using blink (Superblink=L)
*Added some units.
*Added a waterfall.
*New weather.(Might be changed in the future)

Got any suggestions for this map? Leave a reply with your suggestion and I will try to add it!

What's your say on my template? What should I improve?

Attachments

• ThransariaNEW.w3x
    156.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Level 21
So far so good.
What could be improved is that currently you've not used the small doodads at all. Check the environment section of doodad editor, I'm sure you'll find many things to use.
I personally use rocks and shrubs in all tilesets that I terrain(I don't do snowy terrains). In the barrens terrains I would also use mushrooms(Definitely brown ones, maybe blue too), craters and fissures.
With shrubs, you can color them to better fit the terrain. If you're really patient, you can use many different colors to make it look like some areas are brighter and some darker.

Also, try messing around with the terrain fog in Scenario > Options.

Level 3
So far so good.
What could be improved is that currently you've not used the small doodads at all. Check the environment section of doodad editor, I'm sure you'll find many things to use.
I personally use rocks and shrubs in all tilesets that I terrain(I don't do snowy terrains). In the barrens terrains I would also use mushrooms(Definitely brown ones, maybe blue too), craters and fissures.
With shrubs, you can color them to better fit the terrain. If you're really patient, you can use many different colors to make it look like some areas are brighter and some darker.

Also, try messing around with the terrain fog in Scenario > Options.

Thanks! I will try to finish it today and *MAYBE* I can start my other project. :grin:

Level 21
I like it that you've been experimenting a lot. The map certainly has improved a lot in how you use doodads, when compared to the first version.

I suggest you work more on terrain elevation. Atm the heights of your terrain appear to be quite random. This tutorial taught me quite well how to improve my terrains purely by using height tools.

Btw, you can upload pictures into an album (User control panel - Pictures and albums). Albums are a bit better than pastebin for browsing pictures. Don't forget to make the album public though.

Status
Not open for further replies.