• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tome that permanently increases the movement speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, i'm making a tome that permanently increases the movement speed of the hero when consumed.

• Tome of Haste
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of Haste
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) + 20.00)
I'm not sure if this trigger is 100% correct. I mean if the triggering unit is a buff or aura effect that increases his movement speed will that affect on (Current movement speed of (Triggering unit))?
For example, we take a paladin with 270 base speed and we cast bloodlust on him. Let's say his movement speed with the effect of bloodlust becomes 300. At that moment he consumes a tome of speed that will increase permanently his current speed with 20. Will it be 270+20 or 300+20 after the effect of bloodlust ends?

If there's an easier way to do this pls tell me.
Thank you.
:aht::aht::aht::aht:

Level 21
You have to test this i guess.
Last i checked movement speed alterations did not stack up without workarounds.

Level 11
You can give them a hidden ability based off of the boots of speed. To make it stack, give it levels and increment the level if it already has the ability.
This will also allow it to persist through morphs (provided you make the ability permanent).

you may want to try this library
Movement Modifier
to give permanent move speed bonus use
call UnitAddMoveSpeedBonus(yourUnit, 0.00, 40.00, 0.00)
where last "0.00" means permanent (its also possible to write how many seconds bonus will be active), 1st value (0.00) is percentage bonus, 2nd value is flat bonus (like from boots of speed item). So this will boost permanently speed by 40

Status
Not open for further replies.