• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Too Big For One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey, Im a decently experienced map maker looking for a buddy of equal or more skill in a group of projects I am working on. I've been making maps on my own for a while with little help from tutorials. As a result I've mastered a lot in the editor, but lack some serious mod tools. Well, I havn't mastered custom triggers, but I understand most of what's there. Don't cast the stones!!!8o I'm overflowing with ideas, all of which have at least some potential. Right now I'm working on four big projects. Some need a lot of work and some need some polish. Anyways, I just need someone to help me work through some of this and maybie give me a few small pointers....maybie a lot.:-/ I not shoving work on someone elses lap. I've accomplished much on my own and if not, I'll make sure I do an even amount of the toil. If all the projects are too much, we can work with one. If no one's interested, then I can take some criticism. I probably need it. Even so, I remain confident that I can undertake some kind of project. So, reply if you want to hear some of my ideas or cast a few stones.<:)

Level 6
Ok, I'm working on four different ideas right now. The first, " The Better Apocolyptic Force", already has a lot of work done on it. Its unique, immense, and kind of laggy. The problem, I think, is that there are too many periodic triggers occurring. That can be fixed though. Anyways, the map is about seven different races vying for control of Earth and its significant supply of human material. The races are based off of popular science fiction horror and suspense. Most of the races use human body parts, skulls, or some other human resource to add to their legions. The entire map is one big city surrounding a mysterious research facility, loaded with many different surprises, some good and some bad. Most of the races will stick to the city, because it is their main source of income. By toppling towers and houses, they can scare out the occupants and begin harvesting. The humans on the other hand will hide throughout the map, particularly in the main structure where they can take advantage of its high tech facilities. The human hero is the marine. This unit can train militia from human refugees and help guide women and children to evac points set up on the map. All this time dodging and holding out against aliens and maddened robots. As the city crumbles, the environment changes. Crumbling buildings shake the earth and lighting flashes on screen. The ground is tainted and burned. The map will be awesome if I can finish it. So, that's way too much info, way too vague, in the wrong format, or not appealing at all. Tell me what you think and tell me if you want to hear the other ideas. If you don't like the sound of this map so far, don't think the others aren't appealing.

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm looking for a slightly more experienced mapmaker than I. I can put together the most important parts like triggering and unit editing, but lack skills in custom triggers. I'm also tool less in that all I have for modding is my map editor. This particular map is allmost done. It just needs a finish. I need someone who can help come up with an alternative for my lagy triggers and put a finish on this map. It's playable right now, but its nothing fancy like the maps you see on battle.net. When it's done however, I believe it will be awesome and much different from the popular mods. Honestly, I'm getting tired of a lot the maps people are constantly hosting on battle.net. Anyways, there are other projects I'm working on if this one isn't appealing. It would just be nice if someone could work with me and give me a few pointers or suggestions, but also become one of the primery developers of these projects. What I am proposing isn't an unfair amount of work and the work done will, of course, entitle the other person to a fair share of credit in these projects.

Level 7
I'm looking for a slightly more experienced mapmaker than I. I can put together the most important parts like triggering and unit editing, but lack skills in custom triggers. I'm also tool less in that all I have for modding is my map editor. This particular map is allmost done. It just needs a finish. I need someone who can help come up with an alternative for my lagy triggers and put a finish on this map. It's playable right now, but its nothing fancy like the maps you see on battle.net. When it's done however, I believe it will be awesome and much different from the popular mods. Honestly, I'm getting tired of a lot the maps people are constantly hosting on battle.net. Anyways, there are other projects I'm working on if this one isn't appealing. It would just be nice if someone could work with me and give me a few pointers or suggestions, but also become one of the primery developers of these projects. What I am proposing isn't an unfair amount of work and the work done will, of course, entitle the other person to a fair share of credit in these projects.

Well i do only have the warcraft map editor to, i know how to edit stats of units, spells(not using triggers on these tough), triggering, and some other stuff. I have only made one map so far though, its a hero map called Barbarian Hordes currently in v1.80. Bit i'd be happy to help out, even though i'm not sure if im any better than you in it.

Chri

Level 5
I might do icons and consepts...that's all I really can do since you've done all the terrain.

Level 6
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having both of you on the project. Some icons and some suggestions would make a big difference in the value of the map. I also need some trigger tweaking. Whatever it takes to make this map the real thing. Honestly, I'm pretty new to this sort of thing. I may need some help moving the map around so you guys can look at it. When you do get a look at it though, feel free to tweak anything or make suggestions on things like triggering, terrain, and models. Whatever you think will make the map better.

Level 5
Lets just say I suck at triggers...add me on MSN and we'll talk :)

I prefer to make my icons from scratch with only a template. Thus Healingpoison and I are good for different areas :) Also I like the object editor a lot.

Last edited:
Maybe i....

I've almost done my project and am out of f****** ideas! I can help u at icons, skins, simple mdl edit, and ai id need it. I Own my verry special aos system used in FIRE AND ICE FPS AOS, which is done in third person. Know object editor, trigger editor, actually everything in we but not jass (learning currently), and am verry adept at using color codes in my abilities. Example of volcano:
|c00FF4C4CVolcano|N|cffffcc00[Level 1]|r|c00FFFF00Causes the ground to erupt into a massive Volcano. Every interval of time , a wave of molten rocks is hurled from the Volcano at nearby ground units and buildings, causing damage to each target and stunning it for. Buildings take more damage from molten rocks than units do.|r|n|c00FF4C4CDamage per interval: <A007,Datae1>|r|n|c00FF4C4CInterval: <A007,Datac1> sec.|r|n|c00FF4C4CNumber of Weaves: <A007,Datab1>|r|n|c00FF4C4CStun duration: <A007,dur1>|r|n|c00FF4C4CBuilding damage multiplier: <A007,DataD1>|r|n|c00BFFFBFCasting time: <A007,cast1> sec.|N|c008080FFMana cost: <A007,cost1> mana|r|N|c00FFBF00Cooldown: <A007,cool1> sec.|r|N|c0000FFFFDuration: <A007,Datab1>X<A007,Datac1> sec.|r|n|c00FF4C4CChanneling

All spells i create have 50 levels! I can help u with them, if u need, but be prepared to have level 200 hero...

Status
Not open for further replies.