• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tornado missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm looking for a wind/tornado like missile.

I have found a wind missile here at hive, but its too small as i want to use it for a boss.

If any1 knows/can make a missile like this, i will be very appretiated.

If you want details:
I would like it to be the size of a frost wyrm missile.
If possible, to be a vertical tornado.

Ive searched everywhere and wind missiles r quite rare.

Level 4
Yes and no. Using that model as amissile as a problem: when it hits the target, the death animation is too long and the tornado stays there for too long. So if many units use it it becomes a mess.

Level 22
Yeah did you try what Pharaoh told you? Also I deleted above cause the tornado I showed you wasn't even the right tornado model, though even if I lowered the Death animation length the death still persists and the model stays for a while.

I tried scaling it down to disappear but it's using Tangential and Cotan values and if I remove or change them, they mess the whole animation /even though I did it for the death frame range only/

How about using a dummy unit, Locust ability to it, change its model to tornado, you can have any size you want, make it flying unit with speed 600++ and order it to move or kaboom to enemy so that it acts as a flying missile? You can them remove the unit when it dies or even change the decay time.

Status
Not open for further replies.