• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Two-Player controlled hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm trying to make a hero like Cho'Gall in Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm.
For those of you who don't know how the hero works, I'll explain.

2 players control this hero, each controls one head.
One controls the movement and has a set of warrior abilities.
Second player can't control the movement, but has has his own set of abilities and is immune to stuns. So, when an enemy stuns the hero, only the one controlling the movement is stunned, but the other one can still cast abilities.

Also (again from Heroes of the Storm), I'd like to make Abathur's Symbiote. It's basically the same thing as described before, but, instead it's an ability that can be cast on friendly target to attach to them and cast spells.

But I have no idea how would I make this in World Editor.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The second one is fairly easy. Just spawn a copy of the target unit, then get the level of each ability etc.

The first one is really tricky though.
I think the best way is to make one player have and invisible dummy unit which you move to the position of chogal in a loop. This dummy will have the abilities for one of the players.
Hard thing is to prevent them from selecting each other's unit is the main issue.

Overall I think it's impossible to make a flawless system like cho'gals.

Level 5
The second one is fairly easy. Just spawn a copy of the target unit, then get the level of each ability etc.

It's not really that easy. I think you misunderstood.
Unit A casts the spell targeting unit B.
Unit A gets unit A' attached to unit B (like Cho and Gall).
Unit A' should act like stun immune caster from the initial example.

Status
Not open for further replies.