• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

unchopable trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i need to make trees that cannot be chopped by peasant while collecting lumber
but can be chooped down by a special tree cutter unit
but cant figure this out :(

Level 2
he still needs to gather lumber for me without chopping down the tree
i saw this in crazys vampirism

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Certain tilesets such as the Sunken Ruins have trees that cannot be destroyed in any way (I think they're under Environment, but check the rest of the doodad palette if not). The other way is to make those destructibles invulnerable through triggers (find the action under the Destructible set).

Level 14
you're all fools!

Just change the "damage to trees" in the chop lumber ability to 0 for peasants and create a same one for the special unit and set the damage for your needs. Period.

Wrong.

Did you try to change the damage to trees to 0? Did you see what happens?

The amount of damage to trees = the amount of lumber collected.

And since he needs the peasant to collect lumber as well, the damage cant be set to 0.

Period.

~Asomath

:)

Level 22
Wrong.

Did you try to change the damage to trees to 0? Did you see what happens?

The amount of damage to trees = the amount of lumber collected.

And since he needs the peasant to collect lumber as well, the damage cant be set to 0.

Period.

~Asomath

:)

Ahh well
/me got owned...

... other thing I can think of is create a trigger which sets the tree health to +"damage" if the attacking unit equal to peasant

Status
Not open for further replies.