• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Unit Loses mana while Repairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Alright, I have a trigger setup that causes a unit to lose 1 mana every 2 seconds when/if the unit casts the ability repair(human). Now for the issue... The trigger works fine if the unit has to MOVE from location to location to repair/build structures, but if the unit does not have to MOVE in order to repair/build a structure the mana lost every 2 seconds is increased. An example of when a unit does not have to move in order to repair/build something is if the unit is ordered to build two structures right next to each other using shift + order.

Here is the trigger I currently have setup.
  • Building
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Repair (Human)
          • (Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(repair))
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time)
      • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) - 1.00)
      • Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)

So basically what im asking for is maybe an alternate trigger or something i need to add, another trigger perhaps. Something to fix this so that it works the way i would like it to, as long as a unit is building it will lose 1 mana ever 2 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 6
no, gold and lumber do not need to be spent to repair, only for the initial build. Would you mind explaining this modified drain heal briefly? I might add that i am wanting the peasant's mana to be drained while he is repairing/constructing a structure, not the structures, just to clear things up a bit.

Level 6
Once again I solved my own problem -.- heh. Heres the new trigger.

• Building
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Repair (Human)
          • (Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(repair))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) - 1.00)
      • Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)

Level 4
I have to say, thank you for this trigger, it works well and it fits perfectly into my game (I hadn't even thought of it).

I have found one problem with it, and I wanted to ask if you had figured this problem out, and if you had figured out a solution.

If you instead just right click on a damaged building your unit will repair it but it won't drain mana.

I think this might be because the unit is power building instead of repairing, but I don't know how to solve that. Any ideas (sorry for jacking the thread, but I thought you might be interested in this problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.