• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Unit Name dosen't show ingame....

Level 3
The name of the unit is not displayed in the game. The map used Blizzard's official map and I tested it by renaming it with a solution someone told me, but I still can't see the name of the custom unit. Please help me.

The path and name of the map is C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\test

Name is dsa.w3x

Attachments

• dsa.w3x
    138.4 KB · Views: 7
Level 14
1701420404328.png

It works for me. But you need to play your map under custom maps.

Level 3
checked on reforged and had no issue, see
View attachment 455831

Also, there's no need to create multiple threads over the same thing, you could've continued on in the first one.
How did you do that? Is it a problem with the save file path? I'm really in a hurry right now.
Is the path I saved wrong? Or is there some other setting that needs to be done?
I only tested it in single play - custom game.
Should I just create a room in a custom game rather than single play?
Can you tell me the difference between you and me? Differences in save path or settings.

Level 26
I saved the map in C:\Users\Nichilus\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Editor started up the game, went to Single Player => Custom Games, this shows the list of maps in the 'Maps' folder, so I just double-clicked the 'Editor' folder and there I saw your map
1701449288209.png

Level 3
I have no idea. Are you sure you are opening the correct map? Like for example you have X copies of your map, update one copy, but by accident try to play another copy?
No. It just one. Anyway Thank you. I will do it again a few hours later. Thank you so much.

Level 3
I have no idea. Are you sure you are opening the correct map? Like for example you have X copies of your map, update one copy, but by accident try to play another copy?
Could this be a server related issue? I was wondering if it only works on Korean servers.

Level 26
I am unable to replicate the issue on my side.

Where do you save the edited map? Is it insider "...\Warcraft III\Maps" folder? If so, what would happen if you created subdirectory in the Maps folder and placed your edited map there? E.g. "...\Warcraft III\Maps\Test\your_map.w3m"
Of course, you would need to navigate to that folder when starting a new custom game as well.

Level 3
I am unable to replicate the issue on my side.

Where do you save the edited map? Is it insider "...\Warcraft III\Maps" folder? If so, what would happen if you created subdirectory in the Maps folder and placed your edited map there? E.g. "...\Warcraft III\Maps\Test\your_map.w3m"
Of course, you would need to navigate to that folder when starting a new custom game as well.
The map posted in the question is saved in that path.

Warcraft III\Maps\Test

Here it is. I saved it with w3x. I guess I should try saving it as an expansion folder.
And when saving with w3m, when a custom model is applied and the map is reloaded after exiting the editor, the editor crashes or closes.
So I always saved it as expansion-folder. I saved the uploaded map only as w3x, not as a folder.

Level 26
Hmm, I really don't know what could cause that. And I am running out of ideas. I tried the w3x as well and had no issues.
I would suggest reinstalling the game, but I am not sure if that will help either.

Maybe someone else will have more ideas.

Level 3
Hmm, I really don't know what could cause that. And I am running out of ideas. I tried the w3x as well and had no issues.
I would suggest reinstalling the game, but I am not sure if that will help either.

Anyway Your suggestions were very helpful and give me reason to try again. Thank you so much.

Level 3

Tried again but still same problem. I found the difference between you and me. When you select a map in the game, you will see the set map name DDDD, but for me, the original map name and map description will be written.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 7