• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit portrait color background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi all!

i am at the end of a project that means alot to me...the implementation of the Naga race as a playable race

with the help of greta people like Makoodzaka (and others ofc...), i am at 99,98% :)

i noticed the Mur'gul Slave (naga worker) and Mur'gul Reaver (the naga light warrior from town hall) have red portrait backgrounds, regardless of their team colors

i created my heroes using the great tool called War3 Model Editor v1.07

using this tool, i extracted from the MPQ, the models (portrait and all) for the Mur'Gul Slave and Mur'gul Reaver

i did this, so i can correct the error - their animated portrait background is red, regardless what color the player has!

i opened MurgulReaver_Portrait.mdx ...but where do i go to correct it?
which menu changes this?
to make it have the same color as the player

tutorials dont say anything about how to change this detail

notice that normally, going into the menu team Color, it should make the background of the portrait change color as user wishes

except that in the Mur'gul Reaver and Mur'gul Slave, their portrait's background is locked - it doesnt change color!

many thanks all

Level 21
It's an easy fix you can do just with the Model Editor tool:
  1. In the Texture Manager, right-click anywhere and choose Create Empty
  2. Right-click the new the Replaceable ID 0 and choose Edit
  3. Change the ID field to 2 and hit OK
  4. Go to the Material Manager and find the material that uses Textures\TeamGlow00.blp
  5. Change Textures\TeamGlow00.blp to Replaceable ID 2
You can remove the Textures\TeamGlow00.blp texture from the Texture Manager if you want, since it'll be unused after that. The background should be fixed like the attached portrait file.

Attachments

• MurgulSlave_Portrait.mdx
    21.1 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.