• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Unsolved] Disease Cloud Damage Stacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, in the map I'm working on, I have a custom ability based on disease cloud (abomination). I have 5 levels on it, with the damage per level as 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3. The duration is a steady 20 seconds. At every level the damage stacks if the affected units stay in the area, and even after the buff wears off, if the unit is still in the area it keeps stacking the damage... and I don't know why. I tried resetting the damage, the ward duration, the buff, and the area, and I can't find any reason that it should be stacking. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Level 2
Bump.

I actually have a second question... since I'm bumping it anyway.

What's a non-leaking way to create multiple (say, 150 or so) special effects at the same time?

Level 13
for your second question

• Actions
    • For each Integer A from 1 to 150 do Actions
      • Specialeffect - create specialeffect ...
i'm not 100% sure wether there is a small delay inbetween but i guess not, use if/then/else or variable arrays to create different effects at different regions

Level 2
I thought unless you removed them they leaked...? Is that not the case if you use the "For each integer" triggers and only with a loop?

Level 2
Well, for one that works, but when I'm making multiple effects at the same time (all simultaneously) I haven't come across a way to remove them all without a massive delay in the animation between special effects. That's what I'm asking, but thank you. ^^

Level 2
Bump.

I still need help with the disease cloud bit. I've looked everywhere. I've googled it, I've searched multiple forums, and nobody seems to have this problem...

If somebody could test it out for me it would be very much appreciated.

Level 9
Well, for one that works, but when I'm making multiple effects at the same time (all simultaneously) I haven't come across a way to remove them all without a massive delay in the animation between special effects. That's what I'm asking, but thank you. ^^

Have you tried using an array?

Level 4
Hrm *Ponders both questions* I guess a simple trigger like a peridoic event checking buffs on units could then be used, but I don't have editor infront o' me, so I'll get back to you... however the special effects... well.... you could, if they are the same effect, copy and paste Create effect, destroy last created effect like 150 times, but if they are different then maybe you could well as I said, I aint got editor infront of me, but if you use a seperate trigger which checks for special effects made by a certain trigger and removes them, maybe after a miniscule wait if you wish or whatever then you may be able to do so, then to cut out having htis trigger constantly checking, turn it on at the start of your special effect triggers, and turn it off at the end, not sure if this is possible, but give it a go.

Level 2
/self-facepalm

I can't believe I never thought of the simple looping of create / destroy! Thank you Legorlan!

As for the disease cloud bit, the only issue with what Pharoh_ said, is that would make it just an immolation effect. I'd like it to last for 20 seconds after they leave the range... Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.