• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Updating World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Just like the name implies, I'm going to update my current world editor (1.24e) to the latest version (1.29) and I'm wondering if doing so will make my map compatible with this new version, since I have been making my map under 1.24e version and I don't really want to start from scratch (I've implemented a lot of custom objects in there).

Level 11
You can't update to 1.29 right now because 1.29 is only a test version. You can download the PTR if you wish, it won't replace your current game (PTR is a whole separate game), so you will be able to check if your map is broken.

Level 3
You can't update to 1.29 right now because 1.29 is only a test version. You can download the PTR if you wish, it won't replace your current game (PTR is a whole separate game), so you will be able to check if your map is broken.

i didn't notice that. I will probably wait until the patch is officially released

Back to my question, if I update the world editor to an existing version (say 1.27 or 1.28) will it affect my map? Or will my map be automatically updated? Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.