• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Upgrading PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, I decided to upgrade my crappy computer:
CPU: Intel Dual-Core E5200 2.5 GHz
Graphic card: GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB
HDD: 160 GB
RAM: 1 GB
And a stupid CRT monitor.
So, what can I take for 430-580 USD? I want to change everything: CPU, GC, HDD, RAM and monitor.

Level 17
Guide.png

Level 34
I assume you have an optical drive? What case do you have? What other parts do you need? It sounds like you want a monitor as well? Perhaps you should stick with the old monitor and put all your money towards a computer.

Level 3
I assume you have an optical drive? What case do you have? What other parts do you need? It sounds like you want a monitor as well? Perhaps you should stick with the old monitor and put all your money towards a computer.

After all that questions, I assume it's better to try to sell my computer, add additional money and buy new one.

Level 34
You won't get a whole lot for your computer, but you can try. It might be better to salvage parts and build a new one. Can't you use the optical and case at least?

Level 3
You won't get a whole lot for your computer, but you can try. It might be better to salvage parts and build a new one. Can't you use the optical and case at least?

Well I can, you're right. I should think about and calculate a bit before making any decisions because I want to save as much money as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.